IGNORED

The Aphex/Dylan connection

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

From Wikipedia:

Dylan signed with David Geffen's new Asylum label when his contract with Columbia Records expired in 1973. He recorded Planet Waves with The Band while rehearsing for an upcoming tour. The album included two versions of "Forever Young", which has proven to be one of Dylan's most lasting songs.[citation needed]Columbia Records simultaneously released Dylan, a haphazard collection of studio outtakes (almost exclusively cover songs), which was widely interpreted as a churlish response to Dylan's signing with a rival record label.

Huh...

So, did we ever find out how 26 mixes came to be?

:confused: I don't get it

well, i may be way off. i am completely, totally unaware of the reality of the situation. however, i meant it as a suggestion that perhaps:

1. Mr. James sends his final Aphex album, tells Warp to run their cock through a fax machine.

2. Warp, a bit later, pissed they stopped getting albums in the mail, slaps 26 mixes together to a) get some $$$ B) piss off Mr. James.

3. I wind up finding the album in the Best Buy God forgot in Framingham, MA, USA and elect not to buy it.

it was just an idea. other realities, which, given my position of knowing 'jack squat,' are equally possible to me:

1. Warp just wanted money, and had no intention of annoying Mr. James.

2. Mr. James wanted money, and had no intention of annoying himself. And Warp was all for it.

3. Mysterious unnamed motive (such as pissing non-hardcore fans off).

....Mabye he just wanted to release some of his remixes? I doubt it was like Warp just told James to make 26 remixes or anything, he probably just had remixes he made lying around and decided to release them.

Guest Mookid
....Mabye he just wanted to release some of his remixes? I doubt it was like Warp just told James to make 26 remixes or anything, he probably just had remixes he made lying around and decided to release them.

well.. plenty of the mixes are old ones which has already been released!

and i dont think either RDJ or Warp intended to hurt each others feelings.. i guess they all just wanted to make some more money! therefore the name of the album!

Guest snakes on a motherfucking plane

they probably put it together before another label put one together (like peacefrog did with Plaid's remix collection Parts In The Post)

Come mothers and fathers throughout the land

And don't criticise what you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command

Your old road is rapidly agin'.

Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand

For the times they are a-changin'.

i'm not sure about all the 'aphex falling out with warp' rumours. where did it all originate from?

its a bit like the 'X is going to be his last album ever' rumours.

Archived