IGNORED

Drum Loops

tarsier888

how do i make them? i have no clue, the only program i have right now is garageband, and i really want to start geting into the whole music thing.. so how do you guys make your drum loops? what program do you use? or do you use some sort of strange device?

i have no idea

thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest version2006

Drum Loops

oh fuck where to begin. let me finish dinner and maybe i'll write you a little primer on loops. mean while search the internet and think of some questions.

Guest blicero

why won't you go away.

could you at least pretend to read a manual or google it before asking us to explain the most basic of concepts?

do you use some sort of strange device?

yes its called an ultrasonic lithotriptor and there are only fifty of them in the entire world.

Guest αnalogue ψings
how do i make them? i have no clue, the only program i have right now is garageband, and i really want to start geting into the whole music thing.. so how do you guys make your drum loops? what program do you use? or do you use some sort of strange device?

i have no idea

thanks

what you do is you spend 2 years learning to chop up the amen break so you can sound like Squarepusher did 10 years ago and be like everyone else on this board

alternatively, you can figure out you own way of making drum beats. be warned, however, that this may result in you having (GASP!) a unique sound.

Typically, drum loops are programmed in binary code using notepad then compiled using the relevant compiler, depending on which genre you're making (personally I use the BreakCoreX compiler). It is near impossible to make a good drumloop without an education in binary sound design.

There is a hardware drumloop interface on the market, called a "Drum Kit" but to use that you need complex analog to binary converters known as "Microphones" known because they transmit small binary data over phone lines.

wow i was thinking something more along the lines of a fruity loops program :o

cant fruity loops make good drum loops? and if so, is there a good fruity loops-like program for mac??

do i relaly have to do all that binary stuff? because that seems a little hardcore for me

wow i was thinking something more along the lines of a fruity loops program :o

cant fruity loops make good drum loops? and if so, is there a good fruity loops-like program for mac??

do i relaly have to do all that binary stuff? because that seems a little hardcore for me

everyone else is just fucking about with you

if you're on windows, try this:

http://www.flstudio.com/

on linux, google for like Reason or Cubase or Logic or Ableton Live or something.

what you do is you spend 2 years learning to chop up the amen break so you can sound like Squarepusher did 10 years ago and be like everyone else on this board

alternatively, you can figure out you own way of making drum beats. be warned, however, that this may result in you having (GASP!) a unique sound.

"may" is the key word.

Guest blicero

what are you doing fukbot?!

stop tellingpeople who have no business making music how to make music!

we have enough wank garbage music already.

it's getting harder and harder to filter through the garbage to find a the actually listenable amateur producers.

Guest version2006

Good luck Tarsier

let us know when you got a tune for us to hear.

we'll tear it to pieces and make you cry but it get's easier every time after that.

Always good to see someone at the beginning of a mission.

Guest Captain Cooper
what are you doing fukbot?!

stop tellingpeople who have no business making music how to make music!

we have enough wank garbage music already.

it's getting harder and harder to filter through the garbage to find a the actually listenable amateur producers.

FFS give him a break, everyone starts somewhere.

http://www.goldwave.com

download the wav editor, it's free (full functioning demo version)

sort through some of your cds, preferably rap cds or mp3s, and find instances where you hear a percussion noise. open the songs in goldwave, and just cut a bass kick here, a snare there, and a hat there, and then you have yourself a pallete. now paste away.

let us know when you got a tune for us to hear.

we'll tear it to pieces and make you cry but it get's easier every time after that.

I remember the first tune I posted on here got a horrid response. It was a wake-up call I needed, other musician places sugar-coated the reviews just so that you would review the other person's tunes.

an example of sucking up (when I intentionally made the shittest track to fuck with people using a dupe account on the WNYU forums):

http://www.wnyu.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27

I'm BIOCONNECTNANOLASERTRON5 And Here Is MY LATESTEST TRAcK CadLED Intergallactic Fractional Chaos of the Stellar Atomic Particle Plasmatron...................... ISN't Taht AWESxom?e yo?

http://blacknoise.f2o.org/audio/Intergalla...0Plasmatron.mp3

PS YOU CUT OFF MY TOPIC TITEL WTF

It's good,you've just earned place on my MP3 player:)

If you want,check me out on www.soundclick.com/mctriumph92 and tell me what you think...Pz

i was wondering while were on the subject, i cant plug my synthesizers into my computer yet or even turn one of them on, i have this idea im gaggin to hear

hardcore

somebody make a tune which has your average hardcore synths 4/4 get down with it un-se-un-se-un-se beat, then take the fattass bass beat and put it in triplets to the synth tune

i really wanna hear what it will sound like.

Archived