IGNORED

Breezeblock 28.09. 2006

Guest Kazuo

this is a radio show, right?

does someone record this or know how i could get a mp3 of the show next week?

im from germany so i dont receive bbc.

THE SET

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would stay up but sadly i have an exam at schol tomorrow. but i'll try to capture the stream as a movie file afterwards, i remember that's possible with some download managers.

Guest oxiactionmax

that set was fucking terrible, his career obviously peaked with the last breezeblock set, fuck all this bass masturbation too, he's mediocre and tries to make up for it by going nuts with effects.

Nah he always wanks around on the bass live.

How can you not be impressed with that Selection 16-esque opener, or that flaming acid track that comes after it. I'll admit I did go and brew some tea during that uneventful Jaco-jizz festival bit, then you get two tidy versions of live favorites. All in all pretty good.

Guest oxiactionmax

How can you not be impressed with that Selection 16-esque opener, or that flaming acid track that comes after it. I'll admit I did go and brew some tea during that uneventful Jaco-jizz festival bit, then you get two tidy versions of live favorites. All in all pretty good.

I kinda liked the opener, it did give me false hopes for a good set, the acid track was dull imo and the "live versions", christ i could have done his rendition of Anstromm-Feck 4, he just played the little melody over the top of the existing track pretty much. I dunno, it just all seems so lazy unlike the genius set with tundra 4 which i still listen to on a regular basis.

I have loved Squarepusher since Alroy Road Tracks, he use to be about minisize speed breaks and now as he gets older he is getting more musical and less beat orientated. I do love the new album and will buy the Jap version for the extra tracks, and whilst I do appreciate him nowdays, I feel he is neglecting the best thing about his sound, the programming.

This live session is a mess and bits of it sound like a teen jamming over a squarepusher record......dont forget Tom machines are your friendz, we got you play bass Jaco style long ago. Dont Kill a track!

I kinda liked the opener, it did give me false hopes for a good set, the acid track was dull imo and the "live versions", christ i could have done his rendition of Anstromm-Feck 4, he just played the little melody over the top of the existing track pretty much. I dunno, it just all seems so lazy unlike the genius set with tundra 4 which i still listen to on a regular basis.

I think I agree with this. I was kinda nervous about listening to this set because Ive got a set of my own coming up, I was worried that SP's set would damage my confidence about playing live any more. I was both relieved and disapointed.

It did start off nicely with the selection 16ish noodlings, but I kinda got board. The fast acid track was bit naff IMO, sounded like a loop of an old aphex track with some cheesy-as-you-like piano stabs and gratuitous slap n pop, and the bass hitting solo was just depraived, utterly crap. What really disapointed me was astromn feck 4 with more bass noddlings over the top. It sounded like he barely knew the tune and so resorted to ring mod slap n tickle. I think I couldve done a better job of playing the bass line over the top, and Im a guitarist not a slap bass plyer. Come on my selecta was cool. I was a bit suprised to hear it since it pretty old, but that was enjoyable, he's probably played it live a million times though so its well rehersed if you know what I mean.

I dont think squarepusher has ever been AMAZING live, but normally the quality of the tunes he plays more than makes up for it. The 2004 breezeblock was really good because the tunes were really good. There wasnt any real mixing or liveness involved, just playing a few tunes one after the other. I just think that because live sets nowadays are really being pushed, this just doesnt cut it anymore (Regardless of how good his bass playing is). unless the tunes are phenominaly good. Aside from Cum on my selecta which is a little tired, none of the tunes he played last night were very good.

I normally like everything he does, but I was totaly disapointed after staying up night to listen to this. Im off to listen to Alive in Japan to remind myself of how good he can be if he wants to be. I kinda get the impression that the couple times Ive seen him where in his glory days, I seriously hope this isnt a sign that those days are over.

Oh BTW the bit at the end

he's never attempted to perform those live before.

What a lol, you mean he's never bother to load them into a wav player and press spacebar and then proceed to slap his rhythm stick all over the place.

Guest Dirty Protest
i decided to record it... it's propper quility me thinks.

take it or leave it :)

OMG DA PUSHER MAKEZ MUZIK

Cheers Goffer, listened to it in bed last night when i should have really been asleep, so i was too pissed of thinking about the morning to listen. First 3 tracks are a joy, but theres no need to go into a jazz trance over Anstromm and Come on my Selector, theyre too good in theyre own right to try and slap over the top of them. But then what do I know, theyre his songs.

Archived