IGNORED

Breezeblock 28.09. 2006

Guest Kazuo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like it.

but its a shame that he didnt play hello everything tracks.

the last breezeblock set was awesome but that was just because the single tracks were awesome, and he played them without big changes... this set is REALLY a live set. there are some weak passages but the first minutes are aweseome, i also like the ravy piano stabs and what he does with come on my selector is really cool. its just the longer bass noodling passages without background beats that suck IMO

this set is REALLY a live set.

Doubt it. It sounds like his sets always have sounded. Reaktor, grain resynth module. Load up tune, play tune, turn pitch control finish, play nest tune turn speed control finish, repeat. With bass noodles and soup.

I guess its about as live as he gets really, live in japan there is some full on Eventide Orville abuse, but no mixing or real liveness at all, just playing tunes through effect boxes. Ive never rated him that highly live, but the tunes he plays are always storming. This set, cum on my selecta was the definate highlight and Im really bored of that tune in all honesty.

I think if you compare his live sets to the new approach to laptop sets by people like Exile, Squarepushers live set just doesnt hold water anymore, or at least if he's gonna play tunes this dull.

yeah his live shows are not the best thats true. what i meant was that on this show he really plays something and changes the tunes. the last breezeblock was stunning but it was only because the tracks were stunning. the set itself was like "insert cd; press play"

Started well - lost interest after the second track, not even close to the 04 set. Feck 4 sounds terrible dont think much of come on my selector either.

Nevermind

Guest butane bob

Squarepusher has always been a letdown live.

I hear what techdiff saying about grain resynthesis and fucking around with the speed.

He did this when I saw him in 2002, playing bits off Go Plastic which was basically just him messing around with the finished master.

That and an "ambient" opener which was him playing the cd of circular flexing and momentarily plugging and unplugging the jackplug from the mixer.

Saw him at London Sinfonietta thing in Coventry. He came out in a top hat and coat tails, sat down at the computer and pressed play on his sequencer, waited for Tundra 4 to play from start to finish then got up and walked off.

I also amn't too fond of the bass wankery tracks on Ultravisitor. The one exception being I Fulcrum, he does fairly rip it up there. I always have to skip Arched Pathway etc.

Yay look at me I'm squarepusher! I have my bass plugged into a ring modulator! Amn't I deadly!

Saw him at London Sinfonietta thing in Coventry. He came out in a top hat and coat tails, sat down at the computer and pressed play on his sequencer, waited for Tundra 4 to play from start to finish then got up and walked off.

i would pay money to see that

Thanks for sharing goffer. I gotta admit I was disappointed too. It started off very strong but by the third track I was just bored of it and the bass noddling sounded like a mess.

Guest dave1980

not being a shit head or anything but the aint the proper title for this :

Other BBC Radio Shows > 2006-09-29 - Mary Anne Hobbs - Squarepusher

i have it at - 192 Kbps MP3 164.80 MB if were talkin bout the same set that is!!

maybe im wrong.....i dunno ...i dont have a clue about breeze blocks or times/dates so i was wondering was there a breeze block

on the 28th of the 9th and then mary ann hobs on the 29th of the 9th - or are these just the same dates but someone is mixin em up?any info would be great cheers!!

not being a shit head or anything but the aint the proper title for this :

Other BBC Radio Shows > 2006-09-29 - Mary Anne Hobbs - Squarepusher

i have it at - 192 Kbps MP3 164.80 MB if were talkin bout the same set that is!!

maybe im wrong.....i dunno ...i dont have a clue about breeze blocks or times/dates so i was wondering was there a breeze block

on the 28th of the 9th and then mary ann hobs on the 29th of the 9th - or are these just the same dates but someone is mixin em up?any info would be great cheers!!

Last night.

Thanks for sharing goffer. I gotta admit I was disappointed too. It started off very strong but by the third track I was just bored of it and the bass noddling sounded like a mess.

same here man... i listened to it for the first time while recording and ended up going to do the dishes around the 15min mark. would have been nice to have some equal parts, the bass was far too dominant.

Guest Drum&Basstard

anyone got the whole show???

i would like to have a torrent from this show..

they always have it at www.themixingbowl.org but i cant sign up there...

anyone with an account there can give me the link???

thanks for the recording as well, the "mix" is very dope- :ok:

i like it. i like the basswankery and all, some of it reminds me of that improv thing hendrix did at woodstock.

anyone grab that djish bit with beefheart and stuff?

Its probably still on the radio 1 website.

I did really enjoy that bit, just as I was really feeling tired, on came St alphonzo's pancake breakfast which woke me right up again. Castles made of sand too, probably my favourite hendrix track. Definately the high point of the whole night.

Archived