IGNORED

BECK - the information

YEK

i tried doing a search on the forum and found no threads about beck's latest outting

what do we think of this? it sounds aiight, but i'm not through listening yet

:fear:

good but not great ... half the tracks are weak, but then i really like the good tracks

Yeah i feel the same about this one.

Oh god the production THE PRODUCTION! AHHH *dies in a good way*

Wow, this album gives Guero a merciless donkey punch, then kicks it in the nuts hard enough for it to bleed for three decades, two years, and precisely one hour.

I don't remember the last time a first-listening made me this happy. Soooooo good.

Guest Erosmyth
Oh god the production THE PRODUCTION! AHHH *dies in a good way*

Wow, this album gives Guero a merciless donkey punch, then kicks it in the nuts hard enough for it to bleed for three decades, two years, and precisely one hour.

I don't remember the last time a first-listening made me this happy. Soooooo good.

save one or two songs (dont remember which), i really really didn't like guero.

cell phone's dead alone beats most of guero, and it's not even an awesome track!

I didn't care much for Guero either, though I don't dislike it. Still probably my least favorite thing he's done. Information may well be my favorite, but I think I should listen to it several more times before jumping to such hasty conclusions. All I know is that the first listening had me elated.

yeah that's nigel godrich for you... 'sea change' (and 'mutations' to a lesser extent) are the same... such fucking nice records to listen to. 'sea change' is probably one of my favourite albums ever and the production/atmosphere plays a big part in that.

Yeah, Godrich is the man. I really admire him, more so than most of the artists I listen to. I think a lot of Radiohead's best experimental stuff wouldn't exist without him, Paul McCartney's latest wouldn't have been the same... well basically no album would be half as good with another producer. I just can't think of anyone who even comes close. He's the grand-daddy of good taste. If he produced Guero instead of Dust Brothers I think it would have again been another great Beck album. Though I thought they did an excellent job on Midnight Vultures.

I really like both Debra and Hollywood freaks. Both full of really clever ideas, and Debra's hysterical in addition to being ear candy. I think he's a much more gifted singer than he gets credit for. Not many people could pull that sort of thing off. If there was another producer in on it that explains a fair bit. Guero wasn't a scratch on MV in terms of production (or music or anything really). I first heard MV long after it was released, maybe as recently as two year ago, and it sounded as fresh to my ears as anything possibly could. Really a stand alone album. I think I love Sea Change more because it's so powerful and lush, but few albums make me smile as much as MV. Everything about it is really smart. There's nothing out of place in that album. Every sound, every part fits so perfectly. I think I may say the same thing about The Information a couple months from now when I know it inside-out. You're going to love it.

Totally disagree about MV. I haven't been much taken with a lot of his rapping in the past, but it didn't bug me at all on this album. There was one song in particular where I thought the rapping ended up really enhancing the track. I've still only listened once through, but for the first time in a long time I liked absolutely everything about an album upon first listening. Hopefully that's not a sign that it's going to get boring for me fast. I don't think it is.

Guest dinner at my house
midnite vultures is his worst album (but still pretty fun to listen to)

this album . . . i could do with less rapping. i like his singing voice so much better. he is the man on sea change.

what rapping? lol "he talks fast, its rapping" sorry i dont hear it.

Guest Adjective

i like it.

'Think i'm in love' is very catchy

i guess there's a few bass lines on the album that make your head more likely to nod in agreement

and i agree with the less rapping comment

After a second listening, I think maybe I was unjustifiably excited during the first listening, more taken by the sounds than the songs. Nevertheless, there are some really great moments, and it massacres Guero to a bloody, lifeless pulp. 1000 beats per minute (or whatever it's called) is a gloriously funked out electronic music-tinged party of a track, worth the investment for that song alone.

1000 bmp is the only track on the album i'm not feeling. interesting, huh.

bassline on 8 is fucking terrific, and the chorus. hell yeah track 8. and the first track, that 8 bit noise in the chorus, that is awesome.

how rolling stonesy is strange apparition btw?

loving this album. i'm even dealing with the "rapping"

Archived