IGNORED

Good program for recreating strings?

Guest No Pomo

Guest welcome to the machine

yeah, its brilliant, and its 'around'.

edirol orchestral is ok... not sure how much, its got a good selection of sounds but there not the BEST, it depends whether you want good filler strings or really good 'focal point' strings, i guess.

yeah, its brilliant, and its 'around'.

edirol orchestral is ok... not sure how much, its got a good selection of sounds but there not the BEST, it depends whether you want good filler strings or really good 'focal point' strings, i guess.

Edirol's Orchestra has its moments but some of the violins are absolutely crap.

But yeah, Symphonic Orchestra is around...

Guest Adjective

just recently i took my minidisc to a friend's place and recorded myself recording long bowed notes on their cello.

i can't play cello so the i was getting all sorts of odd harmonics and an inconsistant volume. i played about 30 notes for about 5-10 seconds each. i had to tune them all (since i was lost without frets) but good lord it's good padding on my current track.

also plucked a bunch of notes and arranged those into a bassline.

basically... find someone that has the real instrument and spend an hour recording single hits. you'll find you can do so much with them and it won't sound like a preset

Guest Glass Plate
just recently i took my minidisc to a friend's place and recorded myself recording long bowed notes on their cello.

i can't play cello so the i was getting all sorts of odd harmonics and an inconsistant volume. i played about 30 notes for about 5-10 seconds each. i had to tune them all (since i was lost without frets) but good lord it's good padding on my current track.

also plucked a bunch of notes and arranged those into a bassline.

basically... find someone that has the real instrument and spend an hour recording single hits. you'll find you can do so much with them and it won't sound like a preset

Yeah I got the same minidisc thing that you recommended me, and I'm working on sampling all the instruments at my local music shop. I also have a violin in my house, but it's missing a string.

Guest Adjective

cool, minidiscs are magical

i'm envious of your music shop access

i'd like to get another piano sampled, i've been using the same on for a while now

Guest Glass Plate
cool, minidiscs are magical

i'm envious of your music shop access

i'd like to get another piano sampled, i've been using the same on for a while now

Well I'm not sure if they will let me, but it's a walking distance from my school, so it's worth a try.

Archived