IGNORED

what's next for ae ?

Guest nannystatenoise

Guest tht! tne

i hope they return to their early sound à la incunabula or amber but recorded with the experience and equipment they have now, like an untilted with an eye to 1993

i hope they return to their early sound à la incunabula or amber but recorded with the experience and equipment they have now, like an untilted with an eye to 1993

hey it's tht! tne!!!

you were hiding behind another name then...or have you just appeared and made 99 posts quickstep?

good to see you are alive and well irrespective boyo.

Guest Keef Baker

Musically I couldn't begin to guess really.

I personally would prefer it if they went more tuneful again, but is that likely to happen?

Who knows.

How about an updated current take on ambient, not an Amber remake, but something in a similar vein to their hafler trio collaboration.

How about an updated current take on ambient, not in a similar vein to their hafler trio collaboration, but an Amber remake. (I would prefer anyway)

Guest endangered betche
GANGSTA Hip hop PRODUCERs FOR 50CENT AND THE GAME AND THE LIKES.

I assume you're joking, but vocals could be just what Autechre needs (as discussed in other threads). At least a few attempts in the form of an EP would be nice.

Guest Avant-Tronic
GANGSTA Hip hop PRODUCERs FOR 50CENT AND THE GAME AND THE LIKES.

I assume you're joking, but vocals could be just what Autechre needs (as discussed in other threads). At least a few attempts in the form of an EP would be nice.

I wonder if they are going to tweak, distort, cut and splice the vocals like mouse on mars?

• 2 months later...

Definitely. That would be THE best possible outcome. That's why I find the second half of LCC to be such a tease, because it's similiar to what you described, and it's the ONLY moment on the album like that.

I supposed i'd just like more melody.

Guest disco_epilepsy

i would like to see autechre make a rap album with (good) rappers

yes i am serious

they'll come clean and admit they are brothers, and release a simple acoustic guitar driven album.

Oh noes!!!

Guest Asymptote

I like this idea, but rather Incanabula or Amber-esque, I'd prefer the ambient direction to be more in the vein of Garbage/Tri Repetae. I think those releases do everything the first two LPs did, except for the better, ambient and otherwise. An "updated" Garbage-type full-length album would be immense.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gooble Gobble

I think speculation is pointless. How many of us guessed correctly what they would release next when we thought about it. I would like to hear whatever is next, plain and simple. Don't you sometimes wish that they would basically re-invent the wheel so to speak? Almost everything has been done to one degree or another in music and I catch myself wishing the next release wouldn't be music. I mean, I wish it was possible to make music with nothing. Does that make sense to anyone but me? In silence everything is possible and nothing is...all at the same time. 'Nuff said.

I think speculation is pointless. How many of us guessed correctly what they would release next when we thought about it. I would like to hear whatever is next, plain and simple. Don't you sometimes wish that they would basically re-invent the wheel so to speak? Almost everything has been done to one degree or another in music and I catch myself wishing the next release wouldn't be music. I mean, I wish it was possible to make music with nothing. Does that make sense to anyone but me? In silence everything is possible and nothing is...all at the same time. 'Nuff said.

worlds most thought provoking first or second post.

Archived