IGNORED

Hoovercraft

acid1

Made before the laptop crash of 2006. Was basically I track I made in response to a buddy of mine going :yeah: over a dnb song my friend made cuz it had whacko synths.

Tis my birfday btw, so please be nice. Basically uploaded it cuz some people actually enjoy my music.

04___shift_tab___hoovercraft3.mp3

ha, i like this. the intro kinda reminded me of like, a metal band starting up a song.

i think the amen programming is pretty tite. i'm not sure what i'm hearing at the beginning, but i either want it to be more or less swung. like, where the break does its syncopated snare bits, it doesn't feel like it lines up with the rest of the song that well. either the break itself swings a little bit and the song doesn't, or the other way around. or maybe at this tempo that particular snare drum figure doesn't work to well.

i think the break programming does much better when you are doing the more straight-up triggering that you do later in the track. you've really got that buzz-saw dnb hi-hat (SO key, i can never master it really) that drives a lot of tight tracks, like human imprint / dieselboy or whatever.

i wish it went on a bit longer, maybe recapitulated, and i think it needs a gloomy sci-fi vocal sample like "WARNING: SYSTEM UNSTABLE" to pop up now and again.

do you listen to a lot of quasi-modern dnb? i'm just getting into it, through the probably n00b lamer route of all the various dieselboy mix cds i can find in stores. anyway, tite.

pete ascdi

• 2 weeks later...

^^newb!

the track is immaculately conceived. aside from its ability to destroy speakers at hi levels, the tracks right sick! :yeah:

Yeah fairly ravetastic. Don't know if I was down with it on a musical level like say an Amen Andrews track or other shit but this would rock a party pretty much. I think some pads with your shit wouldn't be a bad idea or some ravey chord stabs.

Archived