IGNORED

make some music loops

autopilot

i'm making a music shooter game. if you've ever played the game ''rez" it functions alot like that.

basically, you fly a thing around and shoot stuff. what makes it interesting is, there's a song playing in the background that, as the level goes on, gets more & more layers. every sound effect in the level (from shots fired to power-ups to explosions) is a musical tone or drum hit that goes with the song for that level, so as you're playing you're not only playing a game but composing a song as well.

if any of you are interested in writing songs for this game, that would be awesome (so there'd be a variety outside of my own sound). if interested, this is what i would need:

a loop (it must be designed so it sounds good looped) that's 4 bars long.

a few variations on that loop with more elements included (ie: more to the drums, or another layer of melody).

some single drum hits or synth notes that melodically go with your loops (for the sound fx).

anyone who participates will get full credit, and i will do my best to make the level visually go with your sound. the game is called "psychadelia" and visually it's just that. a bunch of crazy visuals and fast paced action, with psychadelic music intertwined.

i'm gonna hopefully have the first build of the game uploaded tonight so interested parties can see what the gameplay is like. if a bunch of people contribute this could turn out to be a totally awesome project (as opposed to already being fairly awesome).

cheers, and thanks to anyone who's interested. :D

Yes, dude! These are perfect. The next level will officially be the Chris Moss Level. If you want to make more level tracks for it, that would be great.

Here's gonna be the psychadelic background for your level:

Yes! The more the merrier! I was hoping this would turn into a big group project.

The beta build that I posted a link to is basically what the game will play like. I'm gonna make different enemies & graphics for every level, and every level will be it's own song. The more variety in artists the better the game will be.

Hopefully I'll have the Chris Moss Acid level done tomorrow.

I'm totally jumping on this. I'll make a few later tonight.

I really want to get into sound design and/or composition for video games.

10f10t - Those are great. That'll work awesome.

LOL Alzado - Rofl.

Edit - Btw, you guys can make as much as you want. If I need more FX for a level I'll just fill in the blanks with stuff that works. The more loops the longer the level will be, the more FX the more enemies it will have.

Archived