IGNORED

Studio monitors

Squee

Does anyone know anything about these?

http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=46&page=1

Since I've finally got a job I plan on spending some money on myself and I've decided that I need a couple of studio monitors, since I noticed that mixing with headphones on makes me think that the bass is nice and phat but it turns out that it's so PHAT that it can't be heard on big monitors.

Guest test pattern

i recommend mackie hr6 or hr8s...(i got the 6s)...but they both are really well defined from top to bottom thanks to their woofer design...they are a little expensive though...

Nice, well I'm looking for some monitors that aren't too big, because I don't wanna blow my ears out as I did with my headphones. I just want to get some speakers where I can't control the volume of the bass, so I get the correct sound from them. Last friday some of our tracks were played at a big chill out party, and I noticed that I've mixed some things way wrong, so for instance you couldn't hear the deep basslines etc.

The Genelec 8030's are pretty fucking sweet. You can pick them up for about £500. I don't know your budget.

I've got some Behringer B2030A's but everyone slags them off. I really like them though so go figure. They were under £300.

I've got some Behringer B2030A's but everyone slags them off. I really like them though so go figure. They were under £300.

I bought a pair of passive Behringer 2031s in for work - they sounded better and were much better built than I expected, and you get a lot of speaker for the money. The bass lets them down a bit - artifically big and a bit tuneless - but the mid and HF were smooth and clear. If anything, I'd say they were bland sounding, which is maybe a good thing when it comes to small monitors, in the NS10 tradition.

Guest blicero

the difference between the 2030s and the 2031s is staggering.

2030s = you get what you paid for

2031s = you get 3 times what you paid for.

Guest test pattern

before u buy i suggest listening to as many choices as possible at the same time...you will really notice the response of the various monitors this way....some of the cheaper stuff like behringer, kvr etc.etc... doesn't output as solid as some of the more hi end monitors...

My best advice is to go to your local music store and listen to every monitor you can, AB them as much as possible to get a feel of companies and styles

I eventually opt'd for a 2.1 system even tho I was convinced I would never get one by simply reading up about them

Archived