What kind of Melodica should I get?

Guest No Pomo

Guest Glass Plate

7a_1.JPG

The kind with the curved top

or

f2be_1.JPG

the mouthpiece kind?

is the sound much differen't between the two?

7a_1.JPG

The kind with the curved top

or

f2be_1.JPG

the mouthpiece kind?

is the sound much differen't between the two?

the mouthpiece kind is a lot harder to maintain and clean, i personally prefer the one with the long tube sticking out of it. This one is easier to have at hand level without having to lift your hands to your mouth. you can use it kind of like a key tar (which has a much cooler aesthetic) Both have to be cleaned regularly, but with the moutpiece kind if you get it really nasty it could become uncleanable. The tube kind if you ruin it beyond repair you can just get another tube.

u want to speak to dextro - who used to pop by here... he uses in most of his work and to frankly impressive effect.

will ask him to possibly give u his advice if yer after a melodica.

Guest The Animator

Depends on how you want to use it. If you are using it live or with a band using a mic or whatever you should get the mouthpiece kind. You can stand up with them and play them like a flute or clarinet. If your are looking to record more and would like to see your fingers as you play i'd get the one with the hose pipe on it, generally the hose pipe ones sound better, and they are easier to play.

Archived