IGNORED

fieldtriqp - none

Guest zzz

just got an email from unlabel. "Just a quick note to say that all orders up until today's date have now been sent out"

yep, i can sympathize as i still dont have my copies.

this extended wait is annoying but it wont be much longer until your disc shows up. i think unlabel is only run by one or two people but im not sure. sorry kaen and others who are still waiting :(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope everyone who ordered has got theirs by now. i'm still expecting the last few to show up at norman records any day. if anyone missed out and still wants a copy, check there. thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ~ism

got mine.

nice wee review on the Norman Records newsletter.

footnote: you can buy Rubens album from Normal also - £7.95.

/end hijack.

Guest zzz

i was a little annoyed by that review. i'm glad they liked the album.

most likely they listened to it once or twice. initial impression, ooh sounds like early boc. probably as simple as that. but the reader of the review is left with the impression that this is a good substitute for early boc. as a huge boc fan, paticularly of hi scores/boc maxima period i cry blasphemy! besides i think with the exception of a couple songs, the album doesnt sound one bit like old tunes. of course, ive heard it 100s of times compared to their one. and im a bit too close to the music to have an objective opinion you could say.

all of this really doesnt matter. there's only a few copies to sell. no one is going to stumble onto my cd not knowing who i am or what they are in for.

Guest zzz

on second thought, im probably reading into their short blurb about my album waaaay too much. maybe the meaning is more of "if you like old tunes, you might like this". ok.

Guest zzz
but the reader of the review is left with the impression that this is a good substitute for early boc.

substitute was a bad choice of word and wasnt what i was trying to say upon re-reading. companion/counterpart etc is what i meant they were implying.

last post

Guest zzz
lol @ 'a bit shit'

yeah, not my favorite release by boc but if you could isolate 'the campfire headphase' away from the rest of their other albums, it's still a brilliant album.

however, phil @ norman records is spot on about the greatness of our friend milieu. check his review of milieu's pillowtone poems: http://www.normanrecords.com/records/90323

Guest zzz
haha qp, you think YOU have a problem getting compared to BoC? check out this review of Remodelled at Textura...

http://www.textura.org/reviews/milieu.htm

Every other fucking word is BoC!

lol, i dont know what to say. reviewers have a right to report what they hear with their own ears. i dont hear milieu in that way.

yeah i dont care. i overreacted before. boc/rdj/autechre cast huge shadows. i love their work, they deserve it. deep down we are all striving to make something without comparison. i continue on as do you.

there is nothing i love more than finding an album that blows away conventions and someday i'd like to write such a record if at all possible.

yeah, and while i agree with you, i think its just lazy reviewing if a reviewer (who is writing reviews for independent electronic labels) has to mention Aphex Twin, Boards, Pusher, Mike P or Autechre. it's pretty obvious that anyone making electronic music in the last 15 years has been influenced by one of the above in some way.

i sound like me. anyone who hears otherwise is just too lazy to take the CD out and put in what they really want to listen to.

I should add that I think your music applies to that statement as well. If you think you sound like BoC then that's you, but honestly I've known you're better than them for years now.

Guest zzz
but honestly I've known you're better than them for years now.

thanks but thats ridiculous i remain a huge boc fan.

it depends where youre coming from. myself? no. someone else, i have no control. must be said though, anyone who stumbles into our music, with very few exceptions, is already a boc fan.

most likely only because BoC are very famous, not because we sound like them. you could also say most anyone who listens to fieldtriqp or milieu is an aphex twin fan!

and, while i understand your modesty, as a personal preference i like qp much more than BoC.

Archived