IGNORED

snowflakes on my windshield - finished

Guest yanG

OGG VORBIS:

http://headphones.free.fr/mp3s/yan_g-snowf...eld-192kbps.ogg

MP3:

http://headphones.free.fr/mp3s/yan_g-snowf...eld-192kbps.mp3

looking for opinions on the track of course but above all on the mix, as i couldn't listen to it on a decent system.

cheers!

Guest Franklin

yan_g,

i havent listened to anything you've made in prolly years.

this song sounds like awesomeness. kinda reminiscent of Big loada (could be a track 8 with addition of drills). the little tinkle bell and the moving bass really floats this song along in a cheerful, playful way.

really pleasant to listen to.

mix sounds great to me.

2.10-2.13 is a fucking gem of a section.

when my company leaves I'm going to blast this!

edit: no fuck that i'm blasting it now!!!!!

really enjoying this man.

yan_g,

i havent listened to anything you've made in prolly years.

this song sounds like awesomeness. kinda reminiscent of Big loada (could be a track 8 with addition of drills). the little tinkle bell and the moving bass really floats this song along in a cheerful, playful way.

really pleasant to listen to.

mix sounds great to me.

2.10-2.13 is a fucking gem of a section.

when my company leaves I'm going to blast this!

edit: no fuck that i'm blasting it now!!!!!

really enjoying this man.

lol cheers, keep blasting! been listening on my housemate's monitors and found the mix terrible, then on the hi-fi and found it not so terrible but def not good... the bass sounds like shit.

so, if ya wanna listen to what i've done in the past years, grab "4 songs of dusks and dawns" from http://audioaubergine.com . if you liked this you'd prolly like that. :)

I havent stopped in YLC in years (literally) but after listening to alot tonight, I must say that I'm REALLY glad you are still here.

yeah i like this, well done. love the noises and alterations... keeps it healthy

thx guys!

*presses play*

nice... i feel this. You always have a way with these kind of yan_g melodies.

this is fresh. it evolves quite a bit but it sneaks up on you. You keep everything near by.

nice track man. i'm still a fan.

Wow, catchy in all the wrong ways. :D It isn't a look into a madman's head like most of this kind of music is, it is more like a look into a child who's having a blast with toys. Great feeling.

i have your outputs from retropublik and audio... i like the melodies and sounds... i am kinda burnt out in listening to that one sample that is pretty much a staple in dnb tracks (that high pitched voice sample) "BUT" it sounds in place in this track!

good work.

Why is your ogg bigger than the mp3?

i guess because the little information that the format supports besides the music is more important (tags, things, dunno)...

Interesting track. Nice beat tripping (but I don`t like cuz I think that u used beat samples that are from Factory Sound Bank in Reason), Mellody is crazy tottally, it reminds me of something that plugexpert is doing.

Keep up the interestingness. ;]

Interesting track. Nice beat tripping (but I don`t like cuz I think that u used beat samples that are from Factory Sound Bank in Reason), Mellody is crazy tottally, it reminds me of something that plugexpert is doing.

Keep up the interestingness. ;]

Enough with the reason dissing especially when you, yourself are using preset reason sounds in your new track. (the "glitch" is in the factory sound bank and the bass is from the analogue monsters refill, either that or its a preset combinator patch from the factory soundbank) Remember Orange Dust? He made the most amazingly original music EVER using fruity loops and the soundbank it came with (well, his older stuff, followed by ghosts i think??) I dont see the need people have here to point out that they have heard a sound before. When you listen to pusher or aphex twin do you turn it off when you hear a funky drummer or amen break? Do you feel the need to write them and tell them you have heard their samples before? I dont get it, maybe its the fact that the bedroom producer scene is so overcrowded that people want to hate on eachother instead of enjoying the tracks everyone is sharing.

i've been using very famous beat samples (lyn collins: think; michael viner's bongo band: apache; ramsey lewis: back in the ussr) but nothing from the reason soundbank.

i think i understand why peeps don't like to recognize samples in a track. what we do using samples is arranging them. samples are music by others. for instance you can make a good track in ableton live using loops sampled from here and there, snippets of music you didn't write/compose/play. there is so few work involved sometimes that an average sounding track becomes a shit track. selecting is not composing. i guess that's why i don't like to hear a track that sounds empty if i remove the elements i already know. but some track use very recognizable samples whilst having a very special thing on their own. all in all what matters is how much of his own character the musician puts into his music i guess. i don't know if i succeed but all that matters to me is expressing myself (what i can't express with words at least).

thx for listening and peeps keep reviewing :)

Weird, I had always assumed ogg compressed smaller at a better quality. *shrugs* I thought that was the reason for ogg, whateva, it still sounds great in both formats.

well both are encoded @ 192 kilobits per second, so whatever format u use the file is supposed to be more or less the same size as it's the same length. only the quality varies from one format to another using the same bitrate...

Yeah I quite like this too; it has a certain sort of freshness to it. It's not obvious. The whole darkness and randomness of the melody reminds me of the music from Shadow Dancer big time!!! I'm trying to sort of listen to it with unbiased ears but the problem is I've been listening to so much new music recently. You definitely got some novel musical ability compared to most folks. I always find your tracks awkward and to be honest I've struggle to get into them in the past. Yeah definitely different but then I ask myself 'am I forcing myself to like this 'cause it sounds different or do I genuinely like it?'. The answer is I don't know but it has a freshness to it. I think I may be burnt out listening to new tunes having taken in so much Myspace recently. Anyways I think I will keep this.

consistently one of my favourite producers on watmm

liking this a lot - liking this little shift about 2/3rds in with those couple of detuned cymbals?

as with most yann g tunes it keps getting better as it goes on

i know you like music to keep changing (think i read that somewhere) and i think you manage to create constantly changing evolving musics without ever becoming a challenging listen.

ouferie drunken promenade (?) is still my fave though

*saves to yann g & silencide folder*

btw assymetrical head that "high pitched vocal sample" is part of the think break dude

consistently one of my favourite producers on watmm

liking this a lot - liking this little shift about 2/3rds in with those couple of detuned cymbals?

as with most yann g tunes it keps getting better as it goes on

i know you like music to keep changing (think i read that somewhere) and i think you manage to create constantly changing evolving musics without ever becoming a challenging listen.

ouferie drunken promenade (?) is still my fave though

*saves to yann g & silencide folder*

btw assymetrical head that "high pitched vocal sample" is part of the think break dude

glad you talk about the "detuned cymbals?" :grin: actually i noticed a frequency in the drum loop that was tuned with the synth so i decided to amplify it. when amplified i noticed it wasn't that tuned but i made the synth play the same note (tuned) which creates that beautiful dissonance. i just love that part.

glad you like this a lot and glad you don't find it challenging :grin: and glad you consider it a keeper. one day i'll finish "drunken promenade" and its 94bpm remix (have you heard it?)

cheese,

y.

Guest yan_g
Yeah I quite like this too; it has a certain sort of freshness to it. It's not obvious. The whole darkness and randomness of the melody reminds me of the music from Shadow Dancer big time!!! I'm trying to sort of listen to it with unbiased ears but the problem is I've been listening to so much new music recently. You definitely got some novel musical ability compared to most folks. I always find your tracks awkward and to be honest I've struggle to get into them in the past. Yeah definitely different but then I ask myself 'am I forcing myself to like this 'cause it sounds different or do I genuinely like it?'. The answer is I don't know but it has a freshness to it. I think I may be burnt out listening to new tunes having taken in so much Myspace recently. Anyways I think I will keep this.

very interesting piece of feedback, thanks. there is no randomness in the melody tho ^^

Guest yan_g
i like it far more than the average track

i hear either from ylc or on bought discs.

cool, and u got it for free!

Archived