IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

wow... this thread first came about months before i moved out to florida... i'm now back in cali and this thread still exists! found some good stuff in the thread!

i think there needs to be a new subgenre of dubstep that contains dubstep that has really fierce bass. not the namby pamby atmospheric shit that takes 2 minutes to kick in. i'm talkin shit like "eastern jam"

p.s. BURIAL IS NOT FUCKING DUBSTEP

i think there needs to be a new subgenre of dubstep that contains dubstep that has really fierce bass. not the namby pamby atmospheric shit that takes 2 minutes to kick in. i'm talkin shit like "eastern jam"

its called wobble

Guest abusivegeorge

wow... this thread first came about months before i moved out to florida... i'm now back in cali and this thread still exists! found some good stuff in the thread!

Bread loaf ever.

I really like Martyn & 2562. Any artist that are similar to them?

Falty DL, Floating Points, TRG maybe?

More TRG than the rest....

FaltyDL is dancy in the same kind of way just not very bassy....

Floating Points just sounds like regualr but good dance music to me

I really like Martyn & 2562. Any artist that are similar to them?

Falty DL, Floating Points, TRG maybe?

appleblim - YES and shackleton - hmmmm, maybe (more tribal glitch bass dubstep than 4/4 dubstep)

peverlist - YES

mala - simply amazing

headhunter - YES

jus wan - need to hear more by this artists(s)

ld - on the fence (his hyperdub release is all I have heard but it is killer)

late - not sure

l-ow - yes

likhan - YES

pangaea - YES

pinch - amazing producer, lots of different styles going on there

sigha - yes

toasty - eh, maybe his newer stuff

Geiom

Ramadanman

VVV

FBOM

Egoless

Autopilot

to add more to the dancy dubstep list....

i think i might put a out a 'dubstep that isn't shite' compilation on my label. looking for unsigned stuff at the moment

Just started a new dubstep project myself, I'd like to think it isn't shite if you're interested :wink: Needed a diversion from the minimal ambient world for a minute...

Edited by The Green Kingdom

Guest Glass Plate

Is Mount Kimbie dubstep?

Probably one of the few dubstepish acts I somewhat enjoy.

Though I like some of Zomby's latest stuff alright too.

yes and yes.

Awepittance:

some names>>>> Outlaw Producer, Chango, Pirahna, VVV, Egoless, Autopilot, FBOM, B1t Crunch3r, Bro Safari

great producers, most on small labels, FBOM owns Kursed but would be willing to give tracks up (amazing producer), the rest are talented as fuck....

Edited by Atop

Is Mount Kimbie dubstep?

Probably one of the few dubstepish acts I somewhat enjoy.

Though I like some of Zomby's latest stuff alright too.

Yeah not sure what Mount Kimbie is exactly but I like it too.

off to see joker in notts tomorrow night. awesome.

Sick! I think he is finally coming to NYC with Headhunter in November.

by the way Atop i don't know if i ever told you but i recently checked out a few older Kit Klayton albums and was pretty taken by how similar it sounded to 2562 and a lot of new techo/garage/dubstep stuff . guy was very ahead of his time!

by the way Atop i don't know if i ever told you but i recently checked out a few older Kit Klayton albums and was pretty taken by how similar it sounded to 2562 and a lot of new techo/garage/dubstep stuff . guy was very ahead of his time!

Indeed...

I wasn't just speaking out of my ass...

The first and second ~Scape compilations have a lot of the same type sound all throughout them, you would dig!

check out those people I named, they are all on either Soundcloud, Bandcamp, or Myspace...easy to find (Pirahna is from Louisiana, there might be a few different Pirahnas I am guessing)

Not sure if you ever talk to Idi Amin/Kicst8dt/DJ Cal Cutta but I know he would know a ton of unsigned/lesser known artists that rule....will get contact info if you need it

Indeed...

I wasn't just speaking out of my ass...

i hope i didn't imply that you were ! i was mostly saying that because i thought i had heard plenty of Klayton before that did not sound like that dubby techo, i must have just been hearing the wrong stuff.

and damn i especially like FBOM and Bro Safari of what you posted, very good shit@