IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest blutac

How fucking shit is Rusko. I mean seriously, it kills me when people say they like dubstep and then bring up cockney thug.

(my bi monthly input to this thread)

Guest fiznuthian

so, i got pinch's underwater dancehall recently..

can anyone explain the praise? i mean, the instrumentals are the only redeeming feature. if he chose to release 1 CD, instrumentals only, and perhaps maybe a few tracks featuring the vocal guests, i'd love it all.. but I just can't get past how uninspired and forced some of the guests sound.

woops, been discussed already somewhere in the thread.. i think i'm going to throw the vocal disc away and forget it existed.. cd 2 is fucking great.

Edited by fiznuthian

so, i got pinch's underwater dancehall recently..

can anyone explain the praise? i mean, the instrumentals are the only redeeming feature. if he chose to release 1 CD, instrumentals only, and perhaps maybe a few tracks featuring the vocal guests, i'd love it all.. but I just can't get past how uninspired and forced some of the guests sound.

woops, been discussed already somewhere in the thread.. i think i'm going to throw the vocal disc away and forget it existed.. cd 2 is fucking great.

yeah CD2 is the only one ive heard, its pretty good for what it is lots of nice FM sounds uncharacteristic of dubstep. i dont like 'guest mc' albums i find them rather shit most of the time and very inconsistent.

How fucking shit is Rusko. I mean seriously, it kills me when people say they like dubstep and then bring up cockney thug.

(my bi monthly input to this thread)

i have to agree, he is possibly one of the most overhyped dubstep artists with the least substance and creativity. i like this friend Scuba better, but even that guy is going downhill, his older stuff was good proper dub music.

Because dubstep is a shit genre outside of burial*

*I'm barely joking

that's sad that not only do you like music autotuned to shit with stolen acapellas from mtv pop artists you somehow think he's representative of dubstep

Guest grinningcat

fucking rusko yeah, how shit, so is that caspa, proper cunt chavstep.

hate it

i still love dmz's raw earthy tribal beats above all else in dubstep, esp above the newer clean production dubstep coming from the drum n bass djs corners

yay to dubstep snobbery

i still love dmz's raw earthy tribal beats above all else in dubstep, esp above the newer clean production dubstep coming from the drum n bass djs corners

you and me both. antiwar dub was the first thing to make me go woah!

that caspa/rusko is silly shit, but fun once in a very odd while. sorta the shitmat of dubstep

Guest grinningcat

you and me both. antiwar dub was the first thing to make me go woah!

that caspa/rusko is silly shit, but fun once in a very odd while. sorta the shitmat of dubstep

yeah!! was listening to antiwar dub the other day, still sounds great!!

:)

Guest Soothsayer

Saw Distance on Sunday, was great, his new stuff is sounding very heavy...he also has a remix of Pinch's "One Blood, One Source" and a track using that Daft Punk sample Busta used on "Touch It". Also some really heavy more minimal stuff(probably the favorite stuff of his that I heard).

also, Claw is fucking great

i've been listening to grimier fare lately, particularly trim

trim is brilliant, there isn't another grime mc like him. i think martin clark said something like where every other grime mc is speeding up and trying to fit more syllables into a 16, he's slowing the fuck down and taking his time with delivery. and his lyrics are mental, surreal stuff in places. the soul food mixtapes are good shit.

odd sample choices too, like avant-garde violin and house of pain loops lol

Edited by kaini

yay, new shackleton

he's someone doing his best to counteract the whole 'what the fuck happened to dubstep' movement.

also, tough luck burial :(

Edited by kaini

i like that mix, are these all tracks by the same guy? can we get a playlist if not

also has anyone heard of this amazing new dubstepish EP by Funckarma - Dubstoned EP1

here is preview of all the tracks

http://highpointlowlife.com/downloads/func..._dubsnippet.mp3

hpll027.jpg

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Soothsayer

yeah he posted that mix on dubstepforum a while back, just found the thread, here's the tracklist

1. Selfsimilar - 1st Degree

2. Solace - Spokane

3. Broke-N - Loose Change

4. Conscious Pilot - Hash'n'Hydro

5. Lukki - Hoodsta

5. Kj Sawka - Subconnectors (Press & Selfsimilar Remix)

6. Press & Lukki - Flash Flood

7. Tryptomatik - Death Cell

8. Orien - Look At My Eyes

9. Selfsimilar - Rise

10. Trillbass - Fucking Heater

11. Selfsimilar - Slavery Inc.

12. Solace & Vacate - Body Flip

13. Coki - Spongebob

14. Lukki - West Man Dub

15. Tryptomatik - Steel Riddim Dub

I didn't really like that Funckarma ep much, some cool sound design in it, though.

Guest Soothsayer

the new Skream tracks are sounding fucking wonderful. Old-school Loefah sounding beats but with more melody(Love Don't Come Easily is somehow making being derivative of Burial a really good thing)

I am really excited for Skreamizm 5