IGNORED

Thinking about selling the Analord Binder

Velazquez

Guest Enter a new display name
wait until rdj is dead.

I headshot'd him 5 minutes ago. Now your Analord binder is worth twice its price.

It's in perfect condition.... I only used it for one semester, I used it to store notes for a Russian history class.

I've got the order number too, for archival purposes.

Guest jacderida

i can't tell whether or not folk are being sarcastic here

if you put it on ebay, you will get at LEAST 60 or 70 for it if you list it initially at 30 or something, but even if you listed it for a quid it would shoot up very quickly.

i've been outbid for it 3 times at a maximum bid of 60 (and each time it's sold for over 100), and i look out for aphex stuff on ebay all the time.

the cheapest it's listed on discogs is for 175 quid.

I just sold my binder + analord 10 for 300 USD on Ebay a few weeks ago. Started it at 80 USD which is what I paid for it originally. I'm guessing you'd at least double your money. I think I just got lucky tripling mine because someone really wanted it that bad.

Guest AlexPallas

prices fluctuate on rare shit on ebay, i believe the peak price for the binder on ebay was $500, but its come down since. my advice: watch all the binders for the next few weeks and check the closing bids, if they end at the price you want put yours on. when i needed money i unloaded this puppy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_Milk_%2...s%29_Bonus_Disc for over three hundred dollars, i paid $150 for it originally. watch the trends in prices, for rare items, they tend to fluctuate like stocks.

i can't tell whether or not folk are being sarcastic here

if you put it on ebay, you will get at LEAST 60 or 70 for it if you list it initially at 30 or something, but even if you listed it for a quid it would shoot up very quickly.

i've been outbid for it 3 times at a maximum bid of 60 (and each time it's sold for over 100), and i look out for aphex stuff on ebay all the time.

the cheapest it's listed on discogs is for 175 quid.

No, I'm being serious. I'm thinking of selling it, it's in perfect shape, and i do have the order confirmation number.

ridiculous

sell it for no less than US$400. fuckin insane man. what was it - $80-90 new or something?? the whole thing was such a ripoff/joke to begin with. the only way you can win is to profit as much as you can from people who are stupid enough to pay so much for something that was set out to cause this kind of hysteria to begin with.

Guest jacderida

Velazquez, what i meant was i couldn't tell if the folk who were saying you wouldn't get much for it were being sarcastic.

honestly, i don't understand what the big deal was with the retail price of the binder. sure, i can appreciate the fact that they probably anticipated that people would be trading it for stupid money for years to come on ebay, but that's hardly something that they can control directly is it? i mean 40/50 quid or however much it was probably isn't that much offset against how much it cost to manufacture the thing, and in my view music wise the analord series is phenomenal, which makes the binder inherently collectable and worth that retail price imo.

i don't see why at this point in their career rephlex/RDJ would have intentionally over priced it to rip folk off - i mean it's not as if they'd be in desperate need for the cash (that's pure speculation of course but i'd be willing to bet it's true).

i'd love to have it and wish i had bought it at the time, but i was skint :(

The day I received an email from rephlex w/ the Analbord info was coincedentally the same day i received a sweet christmas bonus, literrally moments prior. So I bought it. I looked at it the other day and noticed it was more or less just collecting dust. I don't like to store albums horizontally so it really has no purpose...

Guest jacderida

well, its purpose to me would be as a collectable item, but i'm obsessed with collecting records :)

the drukqs LP box is also a major pain in the back side for storing

Archived