IGNORED

Q-Chastic (CAT 002 EP)

Guest Kenneth172

Guest Kenneth172

Does anybody actually own this release? It's a 2 x 12" release, test pressing only, 100 copies according to Discogs and 37 members have it.... I've never ever seen a copy come up for sale on eBay. Just wondered if anyone here actually owns a copy?

Who cares if it exist... You'll never hear the tracks. Only Rich and Grant (and maybe Chris or Mike) know if it exist, and even if you asked them, they would mess with you by saying "don't know...".

And for the Discogs members, it's a bit like CAT 023, limited to 4 copies, however 10 members have it... I doubt 37 people on 100 who (maybe) bought it in 1992 became discogs members, or there would have been MP3s, as MFM.

I consider Q-Chastic as 4 unreleased Rich's tracks among a lot of other ones...

Guest Kenneth172

It was a perfectly valid question and any Aphex collector would care if it exists or not. I hear what you're saying about CAT 023 when Discogs say that 10 people have it when only 4 exist. I have found out anyway that nobody has it and I have that on good authority. So yes, none of us will ever hear it probably because it doesn't exist. If it did exist then mp3s would be floating around.

well its blatantly obvious the 4 tracks floating on the net are fakes (apart from the one on TPOS&T), sound way too different and "new"

wtf does q-chastic mean anyway

Guest Kenneth172
i've got the mp3s, but they are fakes. if u want them try slsk or torrents

Not bothered if they're fakes. Aphex wannabe-ism is just shit.

Guest earlgrey
Not bothered if they're fakes. Aphex wannabe-ism is just shit.

yeah, I never really got into u-ziq either

Guest Kenneth172

This is what I find sad about the electronic music/electronic music scene: people who try to sound like Aphex that they lose their integrity in the process. It really sucks. I feel sorry for the people who are losing their own individuality and their chance to stamp something about themselves on the music scene.

Guest Kenneth172

With all due respect Joyrex, how do you know it's real? I asked a very good source and they have very good reasons against its non-existence. Seems like there's contradicting opinions about these alleged 100 2x12" copies....

Guest Caustic
Yes, it's real, and Richard himself doesn't even have a vinyl copy anymore - only DATs that are at his parent's house in KENYA.

Aha! Secrets have been revealed!

With all due respect Joyrex, how do you know it's real? I asked a very good source and they have very good reasons against its non-existence. Seems like there's contradicting opinions about these alleged 100 2x12" copies....

Honest question, here's why:

Grant from Rephlex said so (now this can be taken either way, but I see no reason for him to lie about something like this - if anything, Rephlex/Grant's M.O. has been to deny the existance of rare stuff (i.e. CAT003, and his IG-88 alias). For him to describe the tracks in detail, I would think there's reason for it to exist.

Gonzi Marchan has made mention of it before, and Alan Parry supposedly had a copy as well...

The bottom line is, Richard has the audio masters, but unless they plan on releasing the music, I highly doubt that anyone will ever actually get their hands on a test pressing. Never know though, as AB5 test pressings turned up in the Rephlex offices after they were all thought to have been distributed...

Guest Kenneth172

Thanks for the info Joyrex, but I still doubt it exists after speaking to another authority on the subject. Just a hunch... Fed up of all the myths.

Archived