IGNORED

animal collective

Guest bontempi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest absolu

Didn't get them at first, then loved everything they did. Though, I didn't listen to their stuff for quite some time now. The singer somewhat annoys me now... I'm getting old without a doubt.

I went to their Feels tour and found their live performance pretty mediocre. Maybe it's because I was in the very back of the venue ordering one pitcher after the other with a couple of friends and simply not bothering with what was happening on stage.

Guest fiznuthian

I can't believe how many of you lump them into the Pitchfork/Trendy crowd. I've talked to several of them through email conversations, and they are incredibly humble people making music. There is nothing to "get" about their music, you either like it or you don't. While most of you lot have only heard of AC through the hipsters and loathed e-zines, Animal Collective were garnering attention to their music long before they decided to experiment with more accessible pop.

I've been a fan of their music for quite some time now, and I started by listening to Here Comes The Indian on a solid pair of headphones in my comfortable bed. Admittedly I had no idea what was happening on first listen, but it didn't take long into Native Belle to get lost in the sound. This album was and still is an album that changed my life. Truly an emotional rollercoaster.

For dreamers only?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I love animal collective to death! there's nothing mysterious about them it's just tunes and noise!

p.s. I don't smoke pot!

yeah im really into em. there's really nothing to get, you either like it or you don't. it's kind of like everything ever thats ever existed, else.

oh and i heard about em from themilkfactory, their review of here comes the indian was really good. man, I wish that site was still doing stuff.

i only listen to what-ever-is-hip-at-the-moment assholes

lol what? as opposed to electronic music which was hip like five years ago? seriously. animal collective has recorded music before they were hip, see eugenes post. fiznuthian and taphead have an idea whats up.

Guest Al Hounos
They do, you just didnt get to see one.

When I pay $20 to see a show, I shouldn't have to hope to catch them on a "good" day.

Guest dugbert

always found them really boring, but should give it another try when i'm in the mood.

mostly i just wanted to post here to clarify that the acronym "AC" belongs to Anal Cunt, and that i feel strongly it should stay that way. there is definitely something to 'get' about anal cunt.

They do, you just didnt get to see one.

When I pay $20 to see a show, I shouldn't have to hope to catch them on a "good" day.

lol pansy, i paid $120 and then drove 1000 miles to see tool, suck my dick.

I know I don't like Tarsier, but I love Animal Collective and Grizzly bear is the AC of Warp, not Battles, d'uh!

and they rule too.........

Not music for potheads, just grown ups who never grew up...

AND WILL NEVER!

so grow down you fucking party poopin panty wastes!

Panda Bear is a genius!

Guest tidbit
i only listen to what-ever-is-hip-at-the-moment assholes

lol what? as opposed to electronic music which was hip like five years ago? seriously. animal collective has recorded music before they were hip, see eugenes post. fiznuthian and taphead have an idea whats up.

lol what? seriously...

also ,, i liked that campfire songs .. or something... then. but nowdays its sound bit silly.

I know I don't like Tarsier, but I love Animal Collective and Grizzly bear is the AC of Warp, not Battles, d'uh!

and they rule too.........

Very well stated sir!

Also, I may not have thought through they're catalog very well- Spirit They're Gone and Campfire Songs are pretty good too as far as their early stuff goes.

No one has mentioned the ep with Vashti Bunyan- kind of short but just awesome stuff!

AND WILL NEVER!

so grow down you fucking party poopin panty wastes!

Cardiacs are the greatest band evarr for that.

Guest bontempi

i must say i'm pretty hooked to this song "cuckoo cuckoo"

but only the 2 first minutes sadly. when the drums & yelling comes in it ruins what could have been a great surreal song

how i lost my boy how i lost my boy how i lost my boy ...

sweet

i also like bees and grass (?) too i guess

but the rest gets on my nerves

Guest nene multiple assgasms
I love animal collective to death! there's nothing mysterious about them it's just tunes and noise!

p.s. I don't smoke pot!

nene i love you.

my vibrator broke last night.

Archived