IGNORED

Idiron Soundtrack - ABODE EP

Guest idrn

official spiel:

“Abode”, from Idiron Soundtrack, providing 18 minutes 55 seconds of danceable electro / acid with some super-squelchy sounding bass in parts (see “Angel Station”), fast beats (see “Blip”) and pounding rhythm (see “Acid Thwacks…”).

Elegantly opened by “Salthouse Fields”, and closed by the curious 80’s melodic feel of “Reginald Toupe Disco”, Abode is both a finely produced release as well as being an absolute joy to dance to!

abode400.jpg

this was largely finished over the summer during which ive had no internet (in fact im currently in the uni library!). bit of a departure from my breakcore/drill sort of stuff - have really been rinsing the analog and the occasional 303. hope you enjoy it

DOWNLOAD

x

yeah, its really good - there were some elements that frustrated me though - some filter sweeps and little bits here and there just sounded too sort of cheesy, or maybe a bit formulaic. the production's all really nice and some quality use off effects and filters. i dunno, it's just not quite hitting the exact spot....hmmmmm.....

*listens more*

yes.....Acid Thwacks and Charlie is pretty damn cool. yeah, liking this one.......

*performs vague, one-handed, sitting down raving move*

Reginald Toupe Disco's also pretty cool...

Yeah, overall, very nicely done, but only really liked them two tunes.

ten - cheers, the artwork was done on illustrator.

kaen - ta.

BCM - interesting thoughts, these tracks were all just fun to make, none of the usaull stress i associate with music making, just good fun tunes that centred on me playing synths in and the like, so perhaps thats why you found them 'cheesey'? or maybe you just got beef wiv filter sweeps! :)

I just gave this a listen. Salthouse Fields is definitely my favorite of the lot --good choice for an opener, though much different in tone from the rest of the EP. They sound like "fun to make" tracks as you mentioned, less on the serious side, definitely with a sense of humor. Some very dancable tracks. I'm more partial to your breakcore stuff personally, but this is a nice change of pace.

Archived