IGNORED

Two tracks

Zephyr_Nova

This is the nastiest, sludgiest track I've ever made. I did it while I was visiting Ireland last October. Watch your volume or it'll rape your ears.

This is a new piano composition I just made, more of a personal piece I guess. Since I'm not a piano player, recording it was a bit frustrating, but I'm quite pleased with the end result. Hardly any progamming at all on this one other than a few necessary edits and the obvious texturey bits. I recorded another piano piece earlier this week as well. Might post that later. They're my first two piano pieces that I've recorded. I've noodled around a bit on the piano before, but most of what I've written in the past I've forgotten. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Render:

I'm not sure about the first track. It seems a bit random though I'm pretty sure that that isn't the case at all. The music box melody is lovely though - like something taken out of an alternative soundtrack for "Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi".

The Night Creeps In:

Very beautiful indeed. The almost silent synths are awesome, because they're barely noticeable but still it wouldn't be the same without them.

Still can't wait for that album to get released :)

Render:

I'm not sure about the first track. It seems a bit random though I'm pretty sure that that isn't the case at all. The music box melody is lovely though - like something taken out of an alternative soundtrack for "Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi".

The Night Creeps In:

Very beautiful indeed. The almost silent synths are awesome, because they're barely noticeable but still it wouldn't be the same without them.

Still can't wait for that album to get released :)

Noisy tracks always inevitably sound random to some people, but no everything in that track was definitely intentional. It comes from my head first. Though I really have no idea how I created some of those sounds. I tend to put more thought into the arrangements of tracks like this, just because there usually is no obvious way to do it, unlike a more melody-driven track --usually they write themselves.

Thanks for listening to both, and for the feedback!

The album is out of my hands at this point. It's up to Metric to press it and all that shizz when they can. Hopefully it'll be soon. I'm just not even thinking about it at this point, heh.

FUCKING HELL, Render is amazing, really!

Thanks a lot! It's one of my favorite tracks I've ever done, hence why I'm posting it a year after its creation. I like it more now than I did when I created it, which is always a good sign (normally I like a track best right after it's finished, then might listen back to it later and realize it's not nearly as good as I initially thought). I put it on a compilation CD of stuff I'd done from October - June, and it was one of maybe two tracks that actually made me proud.

Guest Ominous

the night creeps in is pretty captivating i must say; i think some strings or even a theremin (the whole piece sounds very early 1900's to me) would enhance it a lot imo. either way, i'm glad i checked this out :)

the night creeps in is pretty captivating i must say; i think some strings or even a theremin (the whole piece sounds very early 1900's to me) would enhance it a lot imo. either way, i'm glad i checked this out :)

Yeah, I was trying to capture a "from a bygone era" sound with the piano + modern ambience recorded from that same era... like someone travelled back-in-time with some modern samplers but recorded them using technology from the early 1900's. Something like that... Also, I really like that theremin idea. I agree it would sound cool in there. I just wish I owned one so that I could do that.

Hey Eric...

`Render` is excellent really. For the sake of comparison it has me thinking that if the tracks `Theme of Sudden Roundabout`and `Nannou`had a kid, it might sound similar to this... Great use of stereo channels too; I really like it and it`s great that you are producing abstract, yet competent work like this.

`The Night Creeps In` reminds me of the Brian Eno & Harold Budd collab albums (`Plateaux of Mirror` & `The Pearl`), with the airy synth floating in the background just beyond the piano. The melody on your track is much more daring than Eno & Budd`s work in my opinion. I really like how you used a bit of dissonance in this melody, and yet it still sounds beautiful!

Hey Eric...

`Render` is excellent really. For the sake of comparison it has me thinking that if the tracks `Theme of Sudden Roundabout`and `Nannou`had a kid, it might sound similar to this... Great use of stereo channels too; I really like it and it`s great that you are producing abstract, yet competent work like this.

`The Night Creeps In` reminds me of the Brian Eno & Harold Budd collab albums (`Plateaux of Mirror` & `The Pearl`), with the airy synth floating in the background just beyond the piano. The melody on your track is much more daring than Eno & Budd`s work in my opinion. I really like how you used a bit of dissonance in this melody, and yet it still sounds beautiful!

All the music you've mentioned I'm quite familiar with, and I can definitely hear what you're saying. Those are actually probably the closest comparisons you could have made, so nicely done. :beer: Your feedback is always appreciated.

yo...........Render............Awesome................. Seriously. I'm savin that bad boi.

what the eff it won't save.

I really like the synths on the second piece. And the composition isn't bad either, but I thought the performance could've been better.

render reminds of pir & dropp by ae and also chiastic slide, it's very intense, well done sir. like it lots.

Cheers :beer:

yo...........Render............Awesome................. Seriously. I'm savin that bad boi.

what the eff it won't save.

I really like the synths on the second piece. And the composition isn't bad either, but I thought the performance could've been better.

That sucks that it won't save. Can you normally save files from the watmms? (I know you should be able to but... never know).

And yeah, like I said about the second piece --I don't actually play the piano, so that one was a toughy for me to play even half decently. I don't even think I'll post the other one because yeah, not the best execution. I do sort of like my timid amateur piano feel though, it at least demonstrates feeling if not skill. One day I hope to display both with my piano playing!

• 3 months later...

Here they are again, as requested:

-- remastered with more bass, but just as much abrasiveness.

this is kind of dumb to bring up several months later...but Render.....its sooooo good. ALMOST TOO GOOD.

Thanks a lot! It is still one of my favorites. Unfortunately I appear to have lost the .acd file I created it in, so i can't do anything more with it aside from mastering alterations. It would be a fun track to remix.

Render is pretty much the polar opposite of Time Vault, so just be prepared. :mellow:

I will post the piano/ambient piece separately so as to avoid some of the problems I had posting last time... (see next response for that one [i hope!])

render is fucking awesome. i only listened to it through my TV, and i'm sure it'll be even more awesome when i listen with headphones.

nice.

and it wasn't nasty or sludgy at all really. very crisp and smart from what i can tell.

render is fucking awesome. i only listened to it through my TV, and i'm sure it'll be even more awesome when i listen with headphones.

nice.

and it wasn't nasty or sludgy at all really. very crisp and smart from what i can tell.

Thanks!

Now I'm curious to hear what this one would sound like through my TV... Hmmm, that might be a fun thing to try actually, like as an effect for part of a song.

Archived