IGNORED

TALENTED MUSICIAN PLAYS OTHER PEOPLES RECORDS FROM COMPUTER.

o00o

I think DJ worship is kind of silly. I mean, DJing should be about getting hear good music loud and being able to do dancey tiem. Getting all giddy for an Aphex DJ set is kind of odd to me except for the fact that Aphex a lot of the time plays unreleased material. But seriously, all he is doing is remixing someone else's records for the most part, it would be just as good if someone else did the same thing. It doesn't matter that it is him at all. All that matters is the music. As opposed to in the 90's when he actually performed the songs live.

Guest sqruwezey

Whats wrong with a nice dj-set. At least you hear good and maybe unreleased records its far better

then what he did before. Whats cool about hearing his own songs just the same as they are played from a machines besides i dont even think that was all live its probably just the soundfiles stuffed in a sampler and with a lot of gear he did pretend he was doing something live. The only true live electronic artist is autechre they are really creating new live music with pre-recorded patterns on drummachines and tweak and mix that. Thats much nicer

Whats wrong with a nice dj-set. At least you hear good and maybe unreleased records its far better

then what he did before. Whats cool about hearing his own songs just the same as they are played from a machines besides i dont even think that was all live its probably just the soundfiles stuffed in a sampler and with a lot of gear he did pretend he was doing something live. The only true live electronic artist is autechre they are really creating new live music with pre-recorded patterns on drummachines and tweak and mix that. Thats much nicer

I didn't mean to say that there is anything wrong with a DJ set. I just mean to say that if it weren't for the fact that he plays tons of unreleased stuff in his sets, it seem silly to be like "OMG I just saw aphex and he pressed play and this squarepusher track that he pressed play to sounded so awesome Aphex is so talented." But by the sounds of a few of those tracks on youtube, someone at the Warehouse gig should have stormed the stage and stole his records.

Guest Enter a new display name
"OMG I just saw aphex and he pressed play and this squarepusher track that he pressed play to sounded so awesome Aphex is so talented."

lol

Archived