IGNORED

track by track artwork

amnesia

• 3 weeks later...
i liked ep7/lp5 where the actual cases were part of the artwork. maybe that is the point of the special edition?

:cry: I got the version of LP5 with just a regular jewel case and white slip with the titles along the right side in black. Apparently it's supposed to be a black plastic case. I want one!

What was special about the ep7 artwork? Am I getting screwed because I live in Canada and don't shop online?

i liked ep7/lp5 where the actual cases were part of the artwork. maybe that is the point of the special edition?

:cry: I got the version of LP5 with just a regular jewel case and white slip with the titles along the right side in black. Apparently it's supposed to be a black plastic case. I want one!

What was special about the ep7 artwork? Am I getting screwed because I live in Canada and don't shop online?

the warp release of ep7 is in a frosted case with "autechre" in gloss on the front and "ae" on the back, if i remember correctly (i don't have the case here at the moment) - also there is a secret track in the 'silence' space before the first track.

same with lp5, the warp release came in a frosted case, but it is an opaque dark grey, and has a sticker on the front with info and barcode.

sounds like you got the US versions (released on reznor's 'nothing' label), which for some silly reason were in regular jewel cases.

Guest Enter a new display name
trent reznor didn't want autechre to look cooler than him

It's also considered to be a "forgotten" release in the eyes of many American listeners thanks to the fact that it wasn't released in the United States until Warp Records began distributing its own releases there in 2001; Trent Reznor supposedly found the record too experimental to be worth distributing on his now defunct Nothing Records label, although this theory ignores the fact that he picked up the equally controversial LP5 and EP7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiastic_Slide

Archived