IGNORED

Desktop Thread

YEK

Icons on the desktop is so Windows 98. Which is why I'm not posting my desktop. It's nothing but a wallpaper.

Same here. I haven't used icons since early in the life of Windows XP.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HokusPoker

Why not? Do you only use 3 programs or something?

cool photo btw Marian

There are five starter icons for my mostly used applications in my panel which automatically hides when I don't need it. For everything else I use something like a multi-purpose address bar which I can get to show up with a key combination where I can type in an application's name, among others. With my hands usually on the keyboard this is a lot more convenient than it may sound.

It's not that I think it's wrong to have icons on the desktop, I just find them very ugly and I don't need them.

Icons on the desktop is so Windows 98. Which is why I'm not posting my desktop. It's nothing but a wallpaper.

Aye, aside from the different wallpaper over the years and very slight changes in app icons it's pretty much been this for the last 10 or so years:

desktop.jpg

Guest bitroast

lol anyone else getting malware warning from page 4 or is that jus' me?

on living room mac mini atm. has cycle of 10 nebula pics that changes every day.. laptop has one nebula pic that doesn't cycle. pretty sure i've had nebula pics for years now and still see no reason to change. it's become the look of my desktop, you know??

ScreenShot2014-10-30at122356PM.png

Archived