IGNORED

GTA IV

Rubin Farr

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the two episodes today. Only just started playing the Lost and the Damned.

Not amazed, but it's good to have new missions again.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

finally beat the bankjob mission. goddamn it was annoying the 10th time (the car conversation gah gah) but better than the usual "go here kill so and so".

so i'm on the final island!

i killed playboy when given the choice. not regreting it yet.

On the consoles, you can spawn vehicles, weapons, health and armor by dialing certain numbers on your phone and San Andreas let you fly with a jet-pack. There's at least a parachute in the latest episode (hopefully not constrained to a mission), which might be somewhere equivalent, certainly if you can base-jump after crashing your police-helicopter onto a rooftop.

I do get a little frustrated with the new 5-star thing. You have to do a lot of damage, and to the police, to really get up there and surviving is almost impossible without cheating somewhere. The helicopters are the safest bet if you want to survive, but then there's no way of out-running the cops until you land.

its not the same though as say a real debug or invincibility or God-mode. thats kind of why i was asking about the PC version. Console games have no good cheat codes anymore, or at least nothing equivalent to a game genie, everything has to be done through time wasting 'complete this mission' type of bullshit where you spend 5 hours doing some repetitive task in order to get a special bonus. I think that is ultra retarded.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

playboy is one of the most satisfying kills.

he's got the biggest tv in the game.

i shot his place up after he ran outside. destroyed the tv, paintngs etc and then

dwayne says i can have playboys penthouse

lol

• 1 month later...

Ballad of Gay Tony > Niko's story > That biker shit.

This episode adds everything I wanted, and a much more fun and engaging storyline than Lost and Damned.

And the ability to replay missions with certain targets to achieve... *mwah*

Ballad is awesome! Luis is my favourite of the three characters.

I think I'm on the last mission, in the club. It's a fucking joke, I don't really like the waves of enemies coming in. Feels impossible to do as there's no decent cover. Maybe I'll go back to it one day...

Archived