IGNORED

the wire appreciation

Guest Idrn

Guest zaphod

Season 2 is probably my favorite as well. I didn't love Season 4 or 5 when i first saw them. I've grown to love both though. Especially 5, because of the reasons mentioned by Lump above. I also wasn't bothered by whatever racial symbolism Zaphod inferred from it, i don't really agree with the premise. Maybe a little bit more rushed and over the top than previous seasons but still filled with great moments. Season 4 was a rough one for me, it's by far the most depressing and dark of any season in the Wire. I tried to get my Mom into the show and she couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th episode of 4.

i don't think 4 is nearly as depressing as 5. the end with dookie and michael is so fucking sad.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

lol people under the stairs. i wish that movie was good. ghetto gothic is such an unexplored sub genre, ripe with possibility.

Season 3 is also so fucking good. I really like Bunny and Cutty.

I'm not too crazy about the Carcetti storyline though. And some of the Stanfield's crew characters are a bit silly and one-dimensional compared to Barksdale's crew.

Season 3 is also so fucking good. I really like Bunny and Cutty.

I'm not too crazy about the Carcetti storyline though. And some of the Stanfield's crew characters are a bit silly and one-dimensional compared to Barksdale's crew.

goddamn Cutty was one of my fave characters, without a doubt.

the scene where Cutty stares down Fruit is AMAZING.

Guest homo detritus

Best show ever I guess, havnt really watched much else.

Im only really bothered by top of the shelf prime shit if I´ll have to dig through heaps of it. The Wire is a mountain.

I tried to get my Mom into the show and she couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th episode of 4.

Yeah me too, but in vain she just cant handle watching people shoot up.

So powerful, so gritty, so good. Because yeah when your already dealing with the subject..

Also everything else positive to say about this show.

Omar, Cutty, Prop Joe, Stringer, the Barksdales, Mcnulty, The Bunk and that bow-legged motherfucker, that bow-tie motherfucker, Cheese, Slim, well yeah the list goes on...Duquan. :cry:

And Bubbles of course.

im glad someone's mom could at least watch some of it...its near impossible to get my mom on board....shes still only on the 3rd episode of Season 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I hated Bodie so much when the show started. Not because of his actor or anything, I hated him because he's just a gangster prick, but he won me over so much. It's amazing that the show can take a character who I am fundamentally against and make me sympathise for him. His final scene just killed me. Just started watching The Wire again for the fourth time or so, it's like catching up with an old friend.

Nope.

I tried it, got half way through the first season but the story just doesn't grab me at all. Maybe it's just personal preference, but I find it jarring how frequently the characters refer to being in New Orleans, or how awesome it is to be from New Orleans. I know there was a bit of it in the Wire, the city being a character in the show pretty much, but I don't know, something about it bothered me in Treme.

I'm really sad that I couldn't get into Treme, it's not shit by any margin, but it's also nothing special.

IMO

Yeah, that's what I thought. I actually remembered that I have a watched a single episode of it, a long time ago. It din't grab me either.

I'm hoping David Simon will be done with it soon, so he can do something crime related again. I wasn't too crazy about Generation Kill either.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I actually remembered that I have a watched a single episode of it, a long time ago. It din't grab me either.

I'm hoping David Simon will be done with it soon, so he can do something crime related again. I wasn't too crazy about Generation Kill either.

S3 has just started in the UK. S4 comes out at the end of the year and it's a final season (5 eps).

I really liked Generation Kill.

Archived