IGNORED

So where are the damn Coachella MP3s!!!

Guest AOOproductions

it was also re-released last year but wasn't labeled as a re-press, im assuming aphex wasn't one of the people who thought it was the latest BLEEDING EDGE HOT TECHNO JUNGLE BREAK SHIT

Richard knows Mark Pritchard real well, he was probably one of the first people to get a test press. i thought i told you to gtfo. i'm having you banned as we speak.

i thought i told you i care

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah and SPD2 i understand how special you are but note I said "I assume aphex wasn't one of those ppl" but thanks for your ltitle aphex fanboy useless information. not to mention who the hell would still be playing a test press 10 years later. but nice job at showing everyone how properly informed you are about aphex, it's a shame your tracks aren't quite up to the same standard

Guest AOOproductions

as of now the set list is...

02:20 - 04:02 Public Enemy - Welcome To The Terrordome

04:02 - Run DMC - Beats To The Rhyme

07:01 - 09:16 Strafe - Set it off

16:47 - 18:03 LFO - Track 4

21:15 - 23:53 Gregor Tresher - A Thousand Nights

39:26 - 41:19 Unknown - Drop Suey (System Of a Down Bootleg Remix)

41:18 - 42:50 Noisia & Mayhem - Exodus

42:50 - 45.45 Dub-One - Volcon - (Xtinction Agenda)

45:15 - 47:26 Vertigo - The Drained

48:23 - Current Value - ?

50:51 - Current Value - Fear

Guest griever
Does he ever play his own tunes?

yes. that is the only negative thing about this gig, no material by him, but... maybe there is one at the end. the melody sounds aphexy, i'm not sure.

Guest efex skin
the melody sounds aphexy, i'm not sure.

plus.

maybe not his own..

just spinning on second half tunes with his classics drilled drums and stormy snares.

---LOAD OF HOT FXZ

Guest Kenneth172

Seemed like quite a mainstream set to me which is hard to understand really coming from Aphex. You've got Public Enemy in there, Gregor Tresher whose album I'm sure has sold loads on iTunes and his D&B choices are a bit of a no brainer. You can expect his tastes being eclectic but it just seems some of the old Aphex is lost. I appreciate his sets are skillfully put together and he probably spend a fair bit of time before hand carefully blending the tracks together but some of his track choices are honestly bordering on jazzband. LFO - Track 4 - welcome to 1990!

Seemed like quite a mainstream set to me which is hard to understand really coming from Aphex. You've got Public Enemy in there, Gregor Tresher whose album I'm sure has sold loads on iTunes and his D&B choices are a bit of a no brainer. You can expect his tastes being eclectic but it just seems some of the old Aphex is lost. I appreciate his sets are skillfully put together and he probably spend a fair bit of time before hand carefully blending the tracks together but some of his track choices are honestly bordering on jazzband. LFO - Track 4 - welcome to 1990!

coachella is the new lolapalooza, and it's in the US. do you really think aphex gives a sht? practically the entire set was an insult to anyone who paid to see the show, and most ppl dont even realize it thinking it's the greatest sht only cause it's aphex HOLY SHT HE PLAYED A 10 YR OLD TRACK I KNOW THAT FROM DJ DIESELBOY

Guest Kenneth172

coachella is the new lolapalooza, and it's in the US. do you really think aphex gives a sht? practically the entire set was an insult to anyone who paid to see the show, and most ppl dont even realize it thinking it's the greatest sht only cause it's aphex HOLY SHT HE PLAYED A 10 YR OLD TRACK I KNOW THAT FROM DJ DIESELBOY

I think Aphex gives a shit and doesn't give a shit depending on mood, him being arguably the most cantankerous of techno superstar prodigies. Glad you share my viewpoint, you're right about that "cos it's Aphex" mentality that everyone sings his praises... I've listened to more absorbing playlists from anonymous users on muxtape. DJ Dieselboy - fucking old hat drum 'n bass shit. I think he's insulting his fans.

i would agree except i shot the sounds of the set out of my headphones into my ears and my brain experienced an enjoying it feeling. so you are wrong

Guest Kenneth172

"I shot the sounds of the set out of my headphones" - what does that mean? I take it you didn't pass your English exams with flying colours.

If you enjoyed RDJ's set, then that's fine. Personally, I enjoyed it too despite the aforementioned fact that the majority of his playlist was jazzband to my ears.

Guest griever

well it was definitely not his best set. i'm not sad because of the fact that i wasn't there. but it's nice to listen to the mp3 :smile:.

I liked the mix personally. There's a very well balanced selection of tracks in there, however out of the recordings I have heard, I still hold the Torino 2005 DJ set as the best tracks RDJ has chosen for a set

Guest Drahken

That has more to do with the Electronic music scene in general in the US than anything if you ask me. It most definitely isn't exclusive to Aphex Twin.

Example: Retards who hear a song and go "That is a Tiesto song", when really it is just a song Tiesto played in a set on some CD. The sad truth of the matter is that in the US DJ's get the credit for music they play because people seem to be too retarded to differentiate a song played by a DJ and a song created by an actual artist. I bet a good handful of people there thought that was all original music by Aphex lol.

Honestly it is one reason I hate the US music scene so much. Too many retards worshiping DJ's for tracks they didn't make, and being too lazy to appreciate the artists who actually make music.

Guest hyperball

I took it for a "message" - rdj: here's my perspective the last two decades of music compresssed in a 60min set; this is how "far" we are and wake up to 2008 music.

Otherwise, what's the point of mashups and making a sequence that builds up to the last 15 mins?

I guess the problem is that he tries to subvert the music industry, and so it seems like an insult to the people who can only have access to his music through the industry in the first place.

Anyway, put all that aside and just enjoy the music. No point in debating if RDJ does x or y with his life and views. At least, to me, only the music matters.

Update courtesy of Donaldj on the Coachella boards

29:29 - Macc - Think Down

33: - Fracture & Neptune - Apollo

36:44 - dgoHn - Elle

48:23 - Limewax - Cat and the hat

at 49.23, just before "Current Value - Fear", I'd like to know which one that is. I think it was also played at the Manchester gig. It runs from about 49.23 - 50.51..

09:17 - 10:42 = Boogie Boys - Break Dancer (http://www.discogs.com/release/51973) or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-MIHD4FIrY

I can't take any credit for this, I just remembered this was also played at the beginning of the 2003 Cambersands set (part 1) and nicked the track ID from "jacderida" who posted it back on this page here: http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=4785&st=350

Thanks.

Edit = added youtube link.

Guest awsbyern

29:25 - 31:20 Soundmurderer & SK1 - I'm the King

probably forthcoming on Rewind

09:17 - 10:42 = Boogie Boys - Break Dancer (http://www.discogs.com/release/51973) or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-MIHD4FIrY

I can't take any credit for this, I just remembered this was also played at the beginning of the 2003 Cambersands set (part 1) and nicked the track ID from "jacderida" who posted it back on this page here: http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=4785&st=350

Thanks.

Edit = added youtube link.

Archived