IGNORED

Cables

I've always just schlepped to dolphinmusic, i've never explored any other alternative, wheres the cheapest place to pick up standard 1/4" jack to jack trs and midi cables?

I always forget to factor in the price of cables before i buy stuff, the amount of cables i need as of NOW will set me back like £50. Boo-urns.

Maplin probably. I've got a drawer full of wires looking like the guy at the end of tetsuo the iron man, and they probably cost me like £30

i bought a few hundered meters of cable at Thomann a while back. also got a bunch of plugs, xlr, jack, phono, the works. cheap, and easy cos i'll whip up any kind of lead in a few minutes. ten meters of jack cable is about 3$ or so?

Guest hahathhat
i bought a few hundered meters of cable at Thomann a while back. also got a bunch of plugs, xlr, jack, phono, the works. cheap, and easy cos i'll whip up any kind of lead in a few minutes. ten meters of jack cable is about 3$ or so?

i can't believe i hadn't thought of this, esp. given it's what i currently do for ethernet cables!!

yes, just like in Jaws 2......wait, what ?

brody kills jaws at the end with a cable from the bottom of the sea!

jaws2cable.jpg

i get my cables from the bottom of the sea.

i don't really.

This is a good idea - however i've never had any experience doing this at all, could an idiot child do it or is it something that i'll have to learn to do properly?

Or - what i really want to know is if theres anywhere that sells 4-6m audio cables in bulk or packs instead of just pairs?

This is a good idea - however i've never had any experience doing this at all, could an idiot child do it

i mean what kind of idiot child are we talking about here anyway. bnc and xlr plugs can be tricky (bnc cause it can be finnicky and xlr because you'll have to pay good attention to the pin configuration depending on the application), but bnc isn't that common for music and xlr is expensive and heavy-duty so it's worth spending tricky time on. one way and the other you'll just have to connect the cable to the plug and that's that!!

Archived