IGNORED

Pivot - In The Blood

modey

yeah, i can't wait for the album, the new tracks they played when i saw them live last month (such as "sweet memory" from here) were fucking incredible. i'd seriously recommend that everyone should go and see them if they play nearby.

have a listen to 'sweet memory' from laurenz pike's myspace.. i linked it in my post above, i think that's going to be on the upcoming album.

sweet memory is pretty cool, i could see how they'd be good live.

but i didn't like the glitch intro or the other glitchy bits, for me they don't quite gell with the live band sound.

sweet memory is pretty cool, i could see how they'd be good live.

but i didn't like the glitch intro or the other glitchy bits, for me they don't quite gell with the live band sound.

ah, that's where seeing them live is the essential connection. the glitchy parts fit better when they play live, because it is all created and sampled on the spot.

anyway, i'm glad there are some people on watmm who are actually willing to give them a chance, rather than just dismissing them as another throwaway band on warp.

yeah i mostly wanted to use it to extract the itunes bonus track from pivot's myspace (blood rise red dawn), and it was damn worth it! those watmmers complaining that pivot shouldn't cite jean michel jarre as an influence obviously haven't heard that track!

I'm interested but not 100% convinced somehow. I've a feeling they could be one of those bands that you need to give a chance.

i guess you really just have to see them live to see what they're all about. and considering they're touring europe at the moment, now's the chance diggity yo!

I'm interested but not 100% convinced somehow. I've a feeling they could be one of those bands that you need to give a chance.

i guess you really just have to see them live to see what they're all about. and considering they're touring europe at the moment, now's the chance diggity yo!

Not playing near me though unfortunately (but then again, anyone of note seldom does). Typical, if they were playing in Nottingham a week later, I could've seen them. I'm tempted to take a chance and bleep the EP though to see if it sinks in properly with a few listens.

haven't seen the video yet, but this is some great live footage and an interview:

their drummer totally kicks john stanier's ass, as far as fitting into a 'post-rock' band goes.

Archived