IGNORED

Classics (2008 Digitally Remastered CD Edition)

Guest Kibreg

Guest Kibreg

hope this one's as tasty as the SAW1 CD remaster R&S released a few months back...

btw, up on whatcd :beer:

Guest Kibreg
Honestly the SAW remaster sounded like SAW with the treble turned up

I disagree. give a real listen/comparison on a high-end system... all of it was quite a bit less muddy, bass was clearer, layers more discernible. this remaster of classics follows suit for the most part.

I disagree. give a real listen/comparison on a high-end system... all of it was quite a bit less muddy, bass was clearer, layers more discernible. this remaster of classics follows suit for the most part.

agreed. James didn't know shit for mastering when it was originally released.

Guest Mandow

i might just buy this and then rip it to my pc and get it framed to match the SAW1 i got frame, yano the one i got signed...

would suit my bedroom very well....

oh and i bought the original Classics the other day, had been looking for it for years and found it second hand but perfect condition, £4 it cost me, the re-mastered will cost me £10 more...and getting it framed will be £30

i might just buy this and then rip it to my pc and get it framed to match the SAW1 i got frame, yano the one i got signed...

oh and i bought the original Classics the other day, had been looking for it for years and found it second hand but perfect condition, £4 it cost me, the re-mastered will cost me £10 more...and getting it framed will be £30

How about instead of framing the acutal CD, make a high quality reproduction of the booklet, and frame that - you could even enlarge it by scanning it at a higher resolution.

Guest Mandow

How about instead of framing the acutal CD, make a high quality reproduction of the booklet, and frame that - you could even enlarge it by scanning it at a higher resolution.

nah, i have SAW1's cd signed and the booklet signed too, but if i frame it like you say, it would look right

on my brothers really big, expensive stereo, the remastered disc is a whole lot better. time was when you could put this on anything but a decent set-up and you'd risk showing how bad it's ability to hold bass was because it was all boomy. classics i find harder to differentiate between the two editions of.

after you posted that picture, I thought great idea. which is why I took my original SAW cd to Coachella a month and a half ago to get signed. only I forgot a marker, didn't turn out as good with a pen

That being said, I fucking love everything on Classics. You can't mess with a good thing. But, who can blame R&S for squeezing the ginger melon for more juice?--I certainly would do it.

agreed, now R&S have remastered all of Richard's material they own, or as Richard would put it, they have milked all they can from him

Archived