IGNORED

Rich should release ABB5 as we all have it on mp3

amnesia

I have had the pleasure of some free time and listened to ABB5 again after no hearing it for a year or so...it got me thinking that Richard should release this now, as we all have mp3 versions and most of us would buy it....its such a great album!

Guest Analogue Wings

It would be kinda cool if AFXs next CD release was something that handt come out on another format beforehand :whistling:

like he hasnt ...

:excl:

Yes he hasn't shown a great development on those Analord series. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge admirer of mr. James. But I think the Analord stuff is too easy and doesn't show where his skills really are.

I agree. This is my favorite RDJ "release", and I would gladly pay for a tangible and legit copy it. Its minimalism is so playful and joyous, its a wonder why everyone doesn't absolutely adore it. #8, #7, and #1 are some of his best work, IMO.

:fear:

ha! mental... must have a pressing plant in the basement or something. i thought the copies people got with the binder were just leftovers from the original white label pressing.

well ..they may have been. i dont know.

but i do remember, few years ago, that i heard that they pressed at least mfm on wax.. so why not release it.

i just dont know.. i really dont know. i really just DON'T know

/!!\

There was talk about 3 or 4 years ago about releasing AB5, but nothing came of it.

MFM does NOT exist on WAX - only Richard's original DATs and around 11 cassettes made for friends/WARPLords™.

Are you saying this because you have seen or heard a vinyl recording of it, or are you assuming? Reason being, MFM was actually just a collection of tracks Richard was working on, that happened to get the legend of being an album he was going to release. I find it hard to think that he'd press a collection of related tracks onto a test pressing without the intent of being a planned release to the point of having a CAT# and such.

Guest 10 0 10
Are you saying this because you have seen or heard a vinyl recording of it, or are you assuming? Reason being, MFM was actually just a collection of tracks Richard was working on, that happened to get the legend of being an album he was going to release. I find it hard to think that he'd press a collection of related tracks onto a test pressing without the intent of being a planned release to the point of having a CAT# and such.

well yes. i have *only* heard about this.. from my usual contact in high places. as he said he has seen it, heard it and so on.. (it was just a white label, with much *better* sound quality, of course..) thats was about 3 or more years ago. i cant see any reasons why he would lie to me aboot this...

did they re-press ab5 also, or were those just a "leftovers" from first pressing. im thinking, maybe they pressed those two (ab5 & mfm) at the same time.. i dont know.

so yes, im not grant so i cannot be 80% sure .... :ermm:

like he hasnt ...

Yes he hasn't shown a great development on those Analord series. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge admirer of mr. James. But I think the Analord stuff is too easy and doesn't show where his skills really are.

so

tweaking synthesisers like only Richard can ISN'T a skill? sequencing things together like Richard does aint either?

you're not such a big admirer after all then, its not all drill and electronic music nowadays you know

it pisses me off that alot of people dislike Richard's recent stuff just because it doesn't sound like RDJ album. What the fuck? stop listening then

[/rant]

It's like Richard likes dicking around with his fans with such pressings and then not releasing them. I asked this question a while back about why he does not play these tracks live and all I got form people is that he never intended to release them. If so then why give some (AB5s) away with the Anal binder? He should put the shit on DVD-A and be revolutionary for, 1. releasing something that is sought after and will sell like hell fire and 2. being the first electrono artist to release something on DVD-A. Why not??

Guest AlexPallas
It's like Richard likes dicking around with his fans with such pressings and then not releasing them. I asked this question a while back about why he does not play these tracks live and all I got form people is that he never intended to release them. If so then why give some (AB5s) away with the Anal binder? He should put the shit on DVD-A and be revolutionary for, 1. releasing something that is sought after and will sell like hell fire and 2. being the first electrono artist to release something on DVD-A. Why not??

why cant we just buy harddrives from him, that would be alot cooler. even the master tracks would be nice.

found AB5 to d/l just the other week its really quite nice but not worth a 1000 quid or whatever people pay on ebay!.. seeing as i now have it not that bothered if its released or not, would rather him release something i hadn’t heard! lol

Oh and

But I think the Analord stuff is too easy and doesn't show where his skills really are.

Each to there own but complete disagree with that statement, to me aphex's genius isn't in his Crazy technical skill but more the atmosphere & emotion that come across in his tracks & how he can write truly beautiful sublime melodies (ya cant teach that shit lol) & for me analord has loads of that & there fore I think it shows exactly where his skills

Archived