IGNORED

salvia divinorum

Guest 776

also, salvia is not a monster of a drug. if i can walk into my local store and buy some chips, candy and a gram bag of the shit, then um its not a big deal. theres a reason they dont sell peyote buttons at variety stores

faulty logic and/or you are under the assumption Canadian and American drug laws make a kind of logical and coherent sense.

Drugs become illegal because of public hysteria combined with political reasons

In Japan you can buy peyote buttons at trendy head shops, but marijuana possession offers a much stronger penalty than in the united states and societally it is much more looked down upon than it is here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thechintzyschpincter

a huge lol @ canadian drug laws.

get caught up here with a grow op and you'll find yourself with 6 months probation. and for a select few, you'll even find yourself with a job with the government growing medicinal pot in flin flon

the reason i mentioned 2ct7 is because it was an extremely obscure psychedelic drug sold only by a handful of online retailers and it still became illegal very quickly. sorry to double post, but i wasn't sure if most of the people reading this have heard of 2ct7

bro, no one gives a shit about canada. shut up.

thankfully you're right. i thank god every day that i was born in this country and not any further south.

but please feel free to contribute to this conversation as it is your god given right to be upset about not living in such a great country. its understandable my friend

also, i never said i had a good time on datura. in fact it was probably the scariest experience ive ever had. however, you would not believe how much information i gained from that trip.

datura guys? really? I dont think ive ever heard of someone having a good time on datura.

i was being sarcastic but apparently he was not. there is no safe way to ingest datura. only suicidal people and shamans who have cultivated/harvested the plants through generations do it.

A 'hardcore' drug experience can be applied to practically any known drug. take enough of something and eventually you will be completely out of your mind. It's silly to say salvia is a 'pussy drug'.

If i gave that guy 5mg of pure salvinorin A powder in a vaporizer he would no longer be calling it that.

Also apparently salvia, like datura is a "deleriant"

a deleriant by how i understand it is a drug that because it induces a crippling physical effect, such as limiting the flow of blood through the brain stem, in turn will cause hallucinations. They aren't the same kind of hallucinations from whats normally considered a psychedelic.The rumors you hear about people taking acid and seeing spiders crawling all over them is more like how Datura is.

Salvia is not known to induce any kind of bodily sickness, as far as people know

the first time i did salvia, i decided to do it properly. my ex-gf and myself got one of those jet lighters, a glass (crack-ish) pipe, and some 40x extract.

the visuals are closer to true (deliriant) hallucination than vague acidish stuff. watching the patterns on her dress grow in a conway's game of life sorta style and extend beyond her outline was hella fun. then i blacked out for about 5 minutes, and woke up, like many people report, having forgotten i had taken the stuff and utterly bewildered, but with a vague sense that some information had been imparted to me.

trust me, i'm more skeptical than most, and scoff at all this 'lady salvia' bullshit, but i can't deny my experience. there was a definite sense of presence. however i have no doubt that this was caused by some chemical interaction.

when i came to the world was comprised of a kinda fractal hexagonal interpolation of what i could actually see, and i was sweating like a motherfucker. it was an interesting experience, but i really only do it once in a blue moon now. putting a small bit of strong extract in a spliff is a nice little sideways nudge on reality.

hey awepittance, just because you read erowid on a daily doesnt make you albert hoffman

i think it's time for a rules refresher course.

hey awepittance, just because you read erowid on a daily doesnt make you albert hoffman

'Susie Essman i hear your a vegetarian, Hey! Even though your a vegetarian, your still full of bologna in my book, I...'

-Norm Macdonald

actually one of the oddest experiences ive had was during one of, if not my first sally trip. i could have sworn that there was a black man in overalls (ala john coffey) and a girl in a red dress (ala the shining) standing on either side of me. i didnt say anything about it because since i was going first i really didnt feel like freaking my friends out over something in my head.

regardless, after my friends had come down two of the three said that they had both seen similar people within the room.

i do believe that it does lift a veil of sorts. however, with other drug interactions that veil was ripped to shreds and not only was i able to see these "other worldly" beings i was interacting with them

the first time i did salvia, i decided to do it properly. my ex-gf and myself got one of those jet lighters, a glass (crack-ish) pipe, and some 40x extract.

the visuals are closer to true (deliriant) hallucination than vague acidish stuff. watching the patterns on her dress grow in a conway's game of life sorta style and extend beyond her outline was hella fun. then i blacked out for about 5 minutes, and woke up, like many people report, having forgotten i had taken the stuff and utterly bewildered, but with a vague sense that some information had been imparted to me.

trust me, i'm more skeptical than most, and scoff at all this 'lady salvia' bullshit, but i can't deny my experience. there was a definite sense of presence. however i have no doubt that this was caused by some chemical interaction.

when i came to the world was comprised of a kinda fractal hexagonal interpolation of what i could actually see, and i was sweating like a motherfucker. it was an interesting experience, but i really only do it once in a blue moon now. putting a small bit of strong extract in a spliff is a nice little sideways nudge on reality.

nice job on trying it properly your first time, you wouldn't believe how many bros i run into who tell me 'so i rolled a joint of salvia extract and shared it with my bros bra and nothing happened, its pussy shit'

have you tried it in a dark room or with a blind fold on?

nice job on trying it properly your first time, you wouldn't believe how many bros i run into who tell me 'so i rolled a joint of salvia extract and shared it with my bros bra and nothing happened, its pussy shit'

have you tried it in a dark room or with a blind fold on?

not yet. as regards lsd and associated hallucinogens, i really think they're a young person's game. when i do them now i get very introspective and brooding, and tend to get very analytical about my life and shit. which might be good, but it's not fun. i think that carries over into my attitude regarding other hallucinogens, cos like i said it's rare i want to extend beyond booze and spliff now. i need to be in a very particular frame of mind.

i'd like to try in a dark room with tangerine dream's phaedra some night, that being said. that album gave me very intense and formative hallucinations on very strong psilocybe semilanceata tea a long time ago, so purely in the spirit of ethneogenic exploration y'know... :embrassed:

people who don't research potentially scary ethneogens before taking them are silly.

oh, and for the fellow canadians here if you're down with sewing i have a couple of extra buttons that could be yours for all your sewing needs. id much rather keep them within canada. these buttons dont like going over international borders

On the point of salvia being a deliriant, I think there's a lot of truth there. Its classification is still in dispute, and it seems that "psychedelic" is only the favored opinion by a very narrow margin. I first heard salvia being considered a deliriant by a friend, and I'm starting to see his point of view.

Deliriants for me are most noticably distinct as being centered more around body sensations and impressions (delusions) than visuals and such. Like I said earlier, I can't really place the hallucinations I experienced on salvia, but they were much more "internal" than normal psychedelic hallucinations. It seems as though they may have not even been visuals, but the output of my state of mind projected onto the mind's eye.

the visuals are closer to true (deliriant) hallucination than vague acidish stuff.

at the very least, this is true

Guest Hanratty

oh man, this stuff sounds so cool! I tried it in college without much knowledge. i remember that you had to smoke a large quantity in a very short period of time which made it unpleasant and hurt my throat. i did get some mild sensations from it. the ambient music sounded really nice (maybe it was just good music) and i imagined a little bit, but maybe i can do that anytime without salvia.

my question is, do you really need to smoke a lot? or did we just have crappy salvia?

my question is, do you really need to smoke a lot? or did we just have crappy salvia?

the key is moreso to do it properly. salvinorin crystals have quite a high vaporisation point, so use one of those jet flame lighters and a crack pipe, ideally. also probably an extract, pure leaf takes ages and loads.

i would advise that the experience is more interesting than enjoyable tbh...

Hanratty: salvia has an outstanding tendency not to affect someone (or very mildly affect them) the first few times around. If you have the determination, you can break through this barrier by smoking it at a regular frequency (i.e. every day) until your mind finally decides to accept it.

And be careful. Just because you had a mild experience last time, that doesn't mean loading up a bowl of 40x is necessarily the best approach. I weened myself onto it be smoking plain leaf every day for about a week. Once I could tell it was giving me a thorough trip, then I hit the extract.

Archived