IGNORED

Yamaha GX-1 For Sale

Guest bundle of sticks

Guest bundle of sticks

Hello. I'm finally selling my GX-1, after years of beloved use :cry:. I feel that I've scrapped the bottom of the barrel with this ol' bird, and it's hindering my creativity. It's an amazing machine, but the time has come to let it go, and pass it on to someone who can make better use of it. The money would be nice too :wink2:

Some info:

I bought it from a guy named Alex Monroe in 97, who lives in Birmingham, which was absolutely perfect for me because I lived just outside of Sheffield at the time. He owned an independent recording studio, and collected rare music equipment, which he would use for his own music. Occasionally he would allow friends to use it for recordings. As far as I know that's all the use it got during the time he owned it. The guy was a Nazi, to say the least. Before Alex got a hold of it, some guy from Sweden owned and sold it to him.

Anyway, that's about it. I'll try to sell it to someone here before I do the Ebay thing. I haven't set a price, but we can work something out that you might be able to afford, I'm sure :wink2: . I'll be selling it much cheaper than usual, seeing as I'm not selling this for the money. It also weighs a ton, and it's huge, so if you're interested, you have to consider how hard it is to actually move this thing. When I bought it, it took over a month from the time I paid for it, to the time it was sitting in my house. So be prepared for the planning of shipment, as you have to find a specialized shipper who can move the thing without destroying it. It's a bloody GX-1 for Pete's sake. Destroying walls in your house to make your doorway bigger might be needed as well, as I found out the hard way... :rolleyes: . I live in London right now, but overseas shipping is definitely an option if you're willing to take the risk.

If you're interested PM me and we'll work out some details.

Take care,

Eric

Has it got any mods done? What are the dimensions and weight (roughly)? The sound on sound review was epic, but I wonder if the GX 1 is overhyped. I can pay about 30,000 yen.

Archived