IGNORED

korg nano laptop controllers

keltoi

Guest Wall Bird

Price point please.

If I didnt already own the PadKontrol I would definitely go buy the nano pad controller since it still seems to include the same pads, x-y field, and flam/roll/hold controls which made the PadKontrol so unique in the first place. These controllers are a blessing for a gigging musician, that's for sure.

Price point please.

If I didnt already own the PadKontrol I would definitely go buy the nano pad controller since it still seems to include the same pads, x-y field, and flam/roll/hold controls which made the PadKontrol so unique in the first place. These controllers are a blessing for a gigging musician, that's for sure.

hey, i also have a padkontrol... I've seen videos of people basically turning it into a cheap monome. Have you done anything like that? I'd love to try it.

• 4 months later...
Guest spraaaa

I just got one of the keys, I am actually really pleased with the fact that the pitch bend is buttons instead of a wheel because it's much easier to make boinging noises. Probably gonna get wrist problems in a couple weeks from the size of it though.

I have the knobs/sliders one, it's really nice. it feels all plastic and feels kinda cheap... but for the price, you really cannot go wrong.

seems solid enough to last a while. i have the padkontrol too, and it's a great addon.

It dosen't really matter does it? It's never mattered what people use as long they get the result they want. I have used the one with sliders and knobs and it very useful and portable.

Guest JohnTqs

i've got the one with the xy pad, very light, and even though there is 12 buttons, you can hit the scene button and have more buttons...it's like having 48 buttons and an xy pad

i just ditched my quite big yamaha dd11 drumpads in favour of the nanokorg drumpads

small enough to pick up and whack during a live set... nice

will get the slider/knob one soon for the same reason

• 1 month later...

has anyone tried these yet? seen some cool utube vids of demos, and for $59 how can you really go wrong?

am i right in thinking this is a basic sampler/controller with a mini kaoss pad thrown in?

I thought it was just all midi controller, no sampling abilities or anything like that, though you can use software for all this of course.

Guest 277: 930-933

They can't be chained and there's no sampler; it's a midi controller.

I have the fader one, it does its job and it's cheap.

Let's not over analyze this and attribute ''the current state of music'' to a bunch of plastic controllers.

Let's not over analyze this and attribute ''the current state of music'' to a bunch of plastic controllers.

i don't think anyone's trying to say they're some kind of amazing development or anything. i'd find them useful for example when i'm sitting in the loungeroom late at night and can't be bothered hooking up my 88 key digital piano just to get a melody idea down.

also, i'm pretty sure they can be all used at once, since korg themselves offer a pack of all three plus a usb hub and carry bag, which looks pretty tempting actually!

has anyone tried these yet? seen some cool utube vids of demos, and for $59 how can you really go wrong?

am i right in thinking this is a basic sampler/controller with a mini kaoss pad thrown in?

funnily enough your post was right under my post where i was saying i had one and it was working out pretty good for me

i've been using the pads for a few months

i've got the knobs/slider version too now

done a dozen gigs since my previous post

they both still work and they feel good to the touch

i like em

Guest 277: 930-933

i don't think anyone's trying to say they're some kind of amazing development or anything. i'd find them useful for example when i'm sitting in the loungeroom late at night and can't be bothered hooking up my 88 key digital piano just to get a melody idea down.

also, i'm pretty sure they can be all used at once, since korg themselves offer a pack of all three plus a usb hub and carry bag, which looks pretty tempting actually!

I was referring to ''Coiski's'' post with the current state of music thing, I never said they can't be used all at once, I said they can't be chained together, as they only have one usb port.

I was referring to ''Coiski's'' post with the current state of music thing, I never said they can't be used all at once, I said they can't be chained together, as they only have one usb port.

ah.. misinterpretation voy!

Archived