IGNORED

Burn after reading

Chris Moss Acid

i saw this last night, and it best describes how i felt in the last 5 minutes of the film.

WTF just happened? it was an aamzing performance from every single actor/actress in the film. everything was spot on.

brad pitt was hilarious and stole the show outright.. wtf was his death all about?.his face was amazing before he got shot in the head. + So Michael Clayton was banging Karen Crowder? ;)

defiantly one to watch again.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest awkward
haven't seen it yet, but because awkward doesn't like it i quite certain i'll love it!

you'll find it as meh as me but now you'll have to insist you loved it to save face

i should clarify anyway. i didnt hate the movie i just didnt love it

eh, it was what it was really... kind of a churned out coen brothers novelty flick with so much quirk it actually did upset me some... still it lived up their MO, i was laughing out loud at the banalities of everyday language and its reiterations through the picture, and the whole message that average people are really meaningless worked out for me.

obviously, it's not at the level of the big lebowski, but what is really... so they got $5 out of me i got a couple'a hours of assembly line coenage and the world goes forward.

i thought it was a pretty good movie, i dont know why people say Big Lebowski is like their top tier film.

This film was not throw away coen imo, it was like a more silly alternate reality version of fargo.

Guest awkward
eh, it was what it was really... kind of a churned out coen brothers novelty flick with so much quirk it actually did upset me some... still it lived up their MO, i was laughing out loud at the banalities of everyday language and its reiterations through the picture, and the whole message that average people are really meaningless worked out for me.

obviously, it's not at the level of the big lebowski, but what is really... so they got $5 out of me i got a couple'a hours of assembly line coenage and the world goes forward.

phew thats better. the world is back as it should be. and no-one reads more than the first two paragraphs (whe he uses them) of sini posts anyway

their worst film by some margin

in complete disagreement.

also chris, check the previous Burn thread, there was much more love in there. The people who ended up seeing this late and waited to voice their opinion now in America probably aren't that big of coen brothers fans anyways ;-).

It's exactly what i expected it to be, seems a lot of people were thinking it was going to be an oscar caliber movie like No Country? i have no idea why.

just watched it, thought it was fucking great. nerd heresy to say this but i reckon it was better than the big lebowski. big lebowski always seemed to be more of a wacky stoner movie thats funniest when being retrospectively quoted. these last two coen brothers films have been... shrewd.

also chris, check the previous Burn thread, there was much more love in there. The people who ended up seeing this late and waited to voice their opinion now in America probably aren't that big of coen brothers fans anyways ;-).

It's exactly what i expected it to be, seems a lot of people were thinking it was going to be an oscar caliber movie like No Country? i have no idea why.

i've seen every coen brothers film; i'd argue that barton fink and fargo are in the top 10 films of the 90s.

burn after reading is completely shallow bullshit nihilism; not funny, not interesting, not anything.

i've seen every coen brothers film; i'd argue that barton fink and fargo are in the top 10 films of the 90s.

burn after reading is completely shallow bullshit nihilism; not funny, not interesting, not anything.

i agree with what you first said. Barton Fink is one of my all time top 5 films. Burn i think was more of just a light hearted coen brothers comedy in the vein of Raising Arizona and Big Lebowski. I thought it worked great on that level but to each his own

• 3 weeks later...
i agree with what you first said. Barton Fink is one of my all time top 5 films. Burn i think was more of just a light hearted coen brothers comedy in the vein of Raising Arizona and Big Lebowski. I thought it worked great on that level but to each his own

yeah, i mean, i guess i can see how the humor might strike someone else differently ...

Guest MajaIloveyou

saw it twice last week, alone then with some friend.

its fantastic, great package of action, intrigue, drama, fail, lulz and win.

it's a whole film based around one joke that's a bit crap

that

Archived