IGNORED

Burn after reading

Chris Moss Acid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the next Coen brothers movie looks pretty different for those unhappy with this one

it takes place around the same place Fargo did but set in the 1960s and in a tight knit jewish community.

I read the opening few pages to the script and so far it seems like some kind of Barton Fink esque horror film

If you want the script pm me.

A Serious Man

• 2 weeks later...

re: opinion on this film

coen brothers films arnt so much in your face, it wasnt all like "THIS IS A FUCKING MOVIE WHICH YOU ARE WATCHING" (despite all the content being bravado). i like it

Yeah just got around to seeing this.

"pretty good"

Not the Coens brothers' best, but not their worst.

I really liked the intense feeling of loneliness and isolation this film brought out.

• 1 month later...

i finally saw this on new year's eve. i thought it was freakin' excellent, but it's been a while since i saw a coen bros movie so i can't remember what the other ones are like in comparison, heh.

Guest analogue wings

I'm going to check it out now.

Dont see how it could be worse than Intolerable Cruelty.

Coens bottom 3:

3. The Man Who Wasnt There

2. The Lady Killers

1. Intolerable Cruelty

Guest analogue wings

It was better than you guys made it out to be.

I was a bit puzzled by how much action happened off screen.

VERY nihilistic film. the message seemed to be "everyone on earth is a selfish moron" lol

Every time David Rasche was on screen (a lot - good for him!), I sang the following:

• 1 month later...

i just got this from Netflix and hope to watch it in the coming days. I'll post my opinion as I know you're all very interested to hear what I think.

it's great. i loved how everyone laughed histerically when clooney blew pitt's brains out. how to do that? i mean, it was just pure, raw violence. still puzzles me.

i'm totally down with this flick... and yeah... i busted up laughing to "the security of your shit!" amongst other things in the movie!

Guest Franklin

saw this again recently.... it's of course not near as good as lebowski but had some great laughs for sure (though they were mostly recycled lebowski laughs).

just watched it. i liked it, not their best one, but still enjoyable. the whole scene where pitt is shot is hilarious, the faces clooney makes. the "easy" chair was funny too. the music catched my ear too, it was something you'd find in a big budget spy movie.

Archived