IGNORED

bad lieutenant

Guest Z_B_Z

does anyone like Nick Cage? Who is he related to again? He lost it when he spent a half million on hair transplants. He was good in Raising Arizona and tiny elvis on snl but everything else has been awful. I think. Maybe there is something I'm forgetting.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud
All I remember about seeing Bad Lieutenant was Harvey Keitel's wail at the end of the film when he realizes he's dead. And I think it was the edited version.

King of New York I love though. Anyone seen Ferrera's New Rose Hotel? It's based on a William Gibson short story and has Christopher Walken, Willem Dafoe and Asia Argento in it. It's so goddamn bad.

I actually own that piece of shit.

I got it at some bargain bin VHS sale. The sad thing is the short story is decent.

I bought the dvd on a drunken amazon Asia Argento binge.

Guest Mr Salads
does anyone like Nick Cage? Who is he related to again? He lost it when he spent a half million on hair transplants. He was good in Raising Arizona and tiny elvis on snl but everything else has been awful. I think. Maybe there is something I'm forgetting.

He's a Copolla

• 4 months later...

The last time Herzog did a remake he made one of the greatest films I've ever had the privilege of seeing. Based on the trailer for the remake I'm sure it'll have nothing to do with the original. I think the original is pretty good but the new one looks like one of the most unhinged comedies I'll ever see.

The last time Herzog did a remake he made one of the greatest films I've ever had the privilege of seeing. Based on the trailer for the remake I'm sure it'll have nothing to do with the original. I think the original is pretty good but the new one looks like one of the most unhinged comedies I'll ever see.

what previous remake are you referring to, Nosferatu?

what previous remake are you referring to, Nosferatu?

That'd be the one, it's been a personal favorite since I first saw it. I think it's an improvement on the original.

Guest atropa

the editing in that trailer seems intentionally terrible; cut like a television advert. there's another herzog trailer out now for my son, my son with lynch producing. the trailer is so hackneyed that I'm wondering if herzog is just playfully goading potential viewers

lol that new bad lieutenant trailer has a similar feeling to the fake wicker man trailer.

good or bad i think this will be worth watching

of course it'll be worth watching. All Herzog movies are worth watching. I can't wait to see his nihilistic approach to life being transgressed on screen with such a screenplay as "Bad Lieutenant".

Guest nene multiple assgasms

it looks like it could be the first nick cage movie since raising arizona that I like.

there's no way this can ever be good. I thought there was a chance Herzog might be able to draw something remarkable from Cage (Cage seems like a freaky sleazoid under the surface after all), but after viewing those clips it's pretty clear he didn't.

It's kinda hard between feature films and documentaries. His feature films are not as much easy to watch for neophytes than his documentaries. Like Stroszek, a favorite of mine but it's not accessible easily.

I'd say... Fitzcarraldo and Grizzly Man. Whatever type you like more, doc or feature, watch EVERY one of them after that.

• 2 weeks later...

some reviews are coming out. this sounds amazing

There's literally a 2 1/2 minute sequence set to music of different shots of Nic Cage giving a pair of iguanas the stink eye. It's like macro photography, close up on the iguanas doing what iguanas do with Cage staring them down in the background.

lol

Archived