IGNORED

I surrender...

karmakramer

Guest hahathhat
Drukqs sounds like it was made in a laptop

quite indeed. nothing wrong with that though

he probably felt guilty about that fact since he's used great instruments in the past.. perhaps that's why he did analord

headline: acid lord does 12 acid mini-albums as penance for 1 laptop mega-album

Now, in order to cancel out the effects of the Tuss he's going to have to make a really unfunky album. It's quite a shame really but that's just the way it has to be.

Guest Enter a new display name
Drukqs sounds like it was made in a laptop

quite indeed. nothing wrong with that though

he probably felt guilty about that fact since he's used great instruments in the past.. perhaps that's why he did analord

headline: acid lord does 12 acid mini-albums as penance for 1 laptop mega-album

lol

BTW what makes everybody think that Drukqs is laptop music? What about desktop music?

For me Druqks is a mixed bag, sure it contains some of his most technically accomplished work (perhaps why he took longest on it) but I feel this is often the albums main failing as it lacks the character of Come to Daddy EP or the RDJ album and seems to be oriented more around over polished laptop gymnastics which for me gives an forgettable inconsistency for a lot of the tracks and only sustains an interest due to the high tempos used, the John Cage tributes and ploddy Bubblebath esque tracks do nothing for me either tho I do like the dark ambient stuff.

Of course I’m not saying this for all of the album (Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel, Taking Control, Afx237 V7 are fookin amazing) I just think maybe the highlights could have been put on one disk and the rest for B-sides or some experimental ambient EP but who am I to say.

In fact I might compile all the instrumental Cage style tracks together and see how they sound all in one run.

For me Druqks is a mixed bag, sure it contains some of his most technically accomplished work (perhaps why he took longest on it) but I feel this is often the albums main failing as it lacks the character of Come to Daddy EP or the RDJ album and seems to be oriented more around over polished laptop gymnastics which for me gives an forgettable inconsistency for a lot of the tracks and only sustains an interest due to the high tempos used, the John Cage tributes and ploddy Bubblebath esque tracks do nothing for me either tho I do like the dark ambient stuff.

Of course I’m not saying this for all of the album (Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel, Taking Control, Afx237 V7 are fookin amazing) I just think maybe the highlights could have been put on one disk and the rest for B-sides or some experimental ambient EP but who am I to say.

In fact I might compile all the instrumental Cage style tracks together and see how they sound all in one run.

Meltphace 6 is amazing one of my favorites actually.

The whole album blows my mind really.

Of course I'm not saying this for all of the album (Vordhosbn, Mt Saint Michel, Taking Control, Afx237 V7 are fookin amazing) I just think maybe the highlights could have been put on one disk and the rest for B-sides or some experimental ambient EP but who am I to say.

shut the fuck up. read the rules.

Guest Helper ET
it is really mindblowing. but so is rushup edge.

yeah but in a totally different way that is of less importance

my opinion is the correct one

I had a similar feeling when I first heard it, mainly because I had never heard music like it. I thought it was just nonsense, but at the same time I could hear new patterns every time I listened. I realized it was all intentional. I really had no idea how the music was made. Now i do. But yeah, best recording of all time to me as well.

Archived