IGNORED

lost season 5

jedy

Guest blicero
Oh, and am I the only one who is a bit bothered by the fact that the LOST intro title is extremely glitchy?

seems like the most basic AfterEffects job ever.

could someone explain to me:

a) why was Ben bloodied?

and

b) why did jack not say, "Hey Ben, why are you bloodied?"

a) i'm guessing ether widmore or something he had to do to get hurley and sayid in place

b) that would involve characters talking and actually telling each other stuff

a) i thought that Ben might've gone off to murder Penny ( i.e. "I made a promise to an old friend of mine--just a loose end that needs tying up" = Ben told Widmore he would kill his daughter as revenge for his own daughter's execution).

b) this is my #1 complaint about Lost.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
a) i thought that Ben might've gone off to murder Penny ( i.e. "I made a promise to an old friend of mine--just a loose end that needs tying up" = Ben told Widmore he would kill his daughter as revenge for his own daughter's execution).

ah yeah smart. i didnt think of that. makes total sense. plus then desmond would come to the island to get ben.

what do we know about charlies upbringing? we know he has a brother, not sure what else.

Guest blicero

yeah, i'm curious if the non-lostees on the plane will survive the crash as surrogates for the lostees that they couldn't get.

i'll bet money that one of them (probably the scruffy chicano) is a widmore plant.

Guest David R James
We are due a good episode, the new one has to be better than the shit we've had the last 2 episodes.

Thank fuck for that, an actual epic episode. This is why i watch it.

b) that would involve characters talking and actually telling each other stuff

LOL that's the reason I watch the show. Because it's like an artistic mind-fuck of people not talking to each other.

"We must continue walking towards the station"

Oh, and am I the only one who is a bit bothered by the fact that the LOST intro title is extremely glitchy?

ha

it was made by jj abrams on his laptop

it is glitchy, not fully rendered

fully rendered, probably just a bad shatter effect used to extrude the text. always bugged me too.

Guest David R James

I was dissapointed that jack didnt die wen hitting the water after diving into to save hurley, that would of made it a 5 star episode.

Guest catsonearth
yeah, i'm curious if the non-lostees on the plane will survive the crash as surrogates for the lostees that they couldn't get.

i'll bet money that one of them (probably the scruffy chicano) is a widmore plant.

i don't think the plane crashed, i think they just maybe flew through some kind of zone where the island was and got sucked up in the time traveling lights and just disappeared. probably something like "only the people who were on the island can get sucked up" or some other such nonsense. i know this is probably the case because hurley bought up the whole section of the plane they were in so the writers wouldn't have to explain later how a bunch of people disappeared into thin air in the middle of a plane full of onlookers.

junk science, ftw!

ha

it was made by jj abrams on his laptop

it is glitchy, not fully rendered

fully rendered, probably just a bad shatter effect used to extrude the text. always bugged me too.

i always thought i was the only one to ever notice this, lol

also i'm trying to not read this thread too heavily as i've decided to just wait until s5 is over and then watch it all at once; i have a feeling the show will be much better that way

i tired to do that this time and got bored last week and ended up watching all 5 episodes at once. the storys great, but everything else about the show is just starting to piss me off.

lost would have been 100 times more enjoyable if it was a book rather than a tv series.

Guest JohnTqs

i don't think the plane crashed, i think they just maybe flew through some kind of zone where the island was and got sucked up in the time traveling lights and just disappeared. probably something like "only the people who were on the island can get sucked up" or some other such nonsense. i know this is probably the case because hurley bought up the whole section of the plane they were in so the writers wouldn't have to explain later how a bunch of people disappeared into thin air in the middle of a plane full of onlookers.

junk science, ftw!

yeah they traveled through time, because

jin drove up to them in the vw van at the end. they all ended up in the 70's and jin is working for dharma

but the reason hurley bought all the seats is because he believed they were going to crash and didn't want people to be stuck on the island. what a hero.

the reason hurley bought all the seats is because he believed they were going to crash and didn't want people to be stuck on the island. what a hero.

yes, fat fuck of a hero

i tired to do that this time and got bored last week and ended up watching all 5 episodes at once. the storys great, but everything else about the show is just starting to piss me off.

lost would have been 100 times more enjoyable if it was a book rather than a tv series.

it looks and feels like a comic book; i was unsurprised to learn that vaughan (who wrote Y: the last man, probably the best comic of the 00s) has been a key writer for the last couple seasons. the matrix would have been better as a comic book, as well

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

my wife thinks that they were gased on the plane and then moved to the island via another route. so it was all to mess with their heads. interesting theory me thinks. makes more sense than flying through the sky and then blamo your on th island.

Guest David R James
my wife thinks that they were gased on the plane and then moved to the island via another route. so it was all to mess with their heads. interesting theory me thinks. makes more sense than flying through the sky and then blamo your on th island.

Nice. Maybe the whole thing is someone just playing a big mind fuck on them for a laugh?

Guest JohnTqs

i know that this is lost and everything and weird shit happens, but come on

Guest David R James

i know that this is lost and everything and weird shit happens, but come on

Hey this is lost, anything can happen, anything!! They make it up as they go along we all know it. Apparently they are thinking of killing everyone but sawyer, cos he's just too funny to kill.

Archived