IGNORED

lost season 5

jedy

one thing that's been bothering me though - if the island isn't actually traveling in time and it's just the characters, then why did the island disappear? doesn't really make any sense.

yea. that was all i was wondering about.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it might be explained tho, because hurly mentioned it in the first episode (of season 5). if it was just something to make the end of season 4 more interesting, they wouldn't mention it

one thing that's been bothering me though - if the island isn't actually traveling in time and it's just the characters, then why did the island disappear? doesn't really make any sense.

because it also moves in space duh.

it kinda bothers me how certain things remain on the island when it shifts, but some others don't. but i can live with that.

Guest catsonearth

according to the time loop theory someone posted earlier, i guess the island doesn't disappear because it moved back in time, but because in an alternate timeline we've yet to see (the one that starts when locke goes back in time to the 60s) the island is destroyed and doesn't exist in the year that the 6 return to the outside world. i guess i'll buy that. the theory is pretty interesting and explains pretty much everything that i can think of. dunno if they've got the smoke monster really figured out though. that explanation didn't seem satisfactory to me.

It was a good read.

I will wait til the show is done for any satisfactory essays about the show.

Wasn't satisfied with the Jacob explanation, Smokezilla, why flight 815 crashed, and a crude disregard for the fact that all of the 'Losties' have lives that intertwine (in the past, the present, and the future).

was quite impressed with the acting/writing in the scene where kate and sun meet up. was interesting to see sun pretending to be surprised when kate told her "someone knows we're lying"

but why does sun apparently want to have ben dead so badly? i think she's only saying that to somehow take advantage of widmore.

unless she genuinely does want ben dead...and the only reason i can think of is because locke told her it was ben who killed keamy, boat explodes. doesn't really seem like a locke thing to do though

according to the time loop theory someone posted earlier, i guess the island doesn't disappear because it moved back in time, but because in an alternate timeline we've yet to see (the one that starts when locke goes back in time to the 60s) the island is destroyed and doesn't exist in the year that the 6 return to the outside world. i guess i'll buy that. the theory is pretty interesting and explains pretty much everything that i can think of. dunno if they've got the smoke monster really figured out though. that explanation didn't seem satisfactory to me.

well I havent read the theory but its obvious to me that the island changes location as well. as hinted in this pic lostpp3.jpg

why is the black rock in the middle of the jungle, probably the island just moved to where the ship was sailing

i don't care what's moving, but why are some things moved togheter and others not, why is still JULIET with them?!?!? that really doesn't make any sense to me... if locked woke up alone, it means that "the others" went to another time/space, but what about juliet???

there are clearly two groups

the 'natives' - richard and co who have the wierd immortality, barefoot thing going on. possibly people who died on the island.

and 'immigrants' - people like juliet, and indeed even ben

there are clearly two groups

the 'natives' - richard and co who have the wierd immortality, barefoot thing going on. possibly people who died on the island.

and 'immigrants' - people like juliet, and indeed even ben

yeah i might be missing something, natives??? you mean, the ones who were born on the island!?!? i tought everyone of them had travelled into the island... so, juliet, ben, oceanic are on the same time line?!?! space?!?

have you actually been watching this show, or forming your conception of it through swedish blogs or something?

fuck man this is been going for what 5 years or such??? i can't remember what i ate yesterday... not a good show for me then...

Guest catsonearth
why is the black rock in the middle of the jungle, probably the island just moved to where the ship was sailing

the timeloop theory explains it as if what happened to flight 815 happened to the black rock - it was sailing along, carrying lots of gun powder and other heavy metals that were attracted by the magnetism of the island. when the ship was pulled toward land it created a hole in the field around the island, which is what created the opening at the special coordinates that faraday tells the helicopter dude to fly towards. i dunno...kinda makes sense to me and it does explain how the black rock got so far up on land and how there is only one little area where you can escape the island.

as for the locations on that computer map you posted above...i don't know what that really means, but my best guess is that they are locations where high energy bursts or moments of intense magnetism were spotted via satellite, not necessarily places where the island has been moving. all the people outside the island that are trying to reach it know about the energy and the magnetic properties, so they're monitoring the oceans for any signs that might help them pinpoint it. those marks on the map could be underwater volcanic activity, earthquakes, releases of geo-thermal heat...who knows? is there anything that concretely confirms that those marks are different locations of the island?

Archived