IGNORED

This series of Masterchef

Solo Strike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm glad that the teary bloke who looks like Ming the Merciless got through (although I quite liked the blase attitude of the black woman in the 'prattling on about food' round, who just didn't give a solitary shit). Wallace nearly wet himself over those scallops. On the subject of scallops, why is every cookery program utterly obsessed with them at the moment? They're everywhere!

Torode and Wallace clearly fancied Belinda in her tiny shorts.

doesn't really get more british than that

I think you mean IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE BRITISH THAN THIS

_44255112_greg203.jpg

i thought that dude was being a bit reckless peeling that celeriac...

moments later he cut his thumb off.

that vegetarian dude didn't do much to promote vegetarian cuisine - chickpeas, bacon and boiled potatoes? wtf bad plate of food

edit: i'm not sure if that girl deserved to win, but i'm glad

An utterly farcial episode last night. A fine start with bald man chopping his thumb off, being comforted by Wallace & Torrode, then being carted off to A&E. A shame, because his dish resplendant with thumb tip and blood would doubtlessly of been better than the competition. The realms of the absurd were fully charted with a truly baffling "meat/raw potato in lashings of unsimmered down red wine" dish cooked by the vegetarian. Why?! A dismal performance, as shown on the faces of all involved.

Other highlights - the floppy fucked up fondant, or fondOnt as they annoyingly kept saying. Oh dear. They really should of heeded Wallace's sound advice about the path to Masterchef glory being paved with broken and rubbish fondonts. Pretty dark haired girl made it through, but you can guarentfuckingee she'll be out on her arse in the next round. Also scallops again?! Do they force them on the contestants as they enter the building?!

Guest grinningcat

its filmed in the univeristy halls i used to be in. ALthough in them days (2003) exactly where they show the cooking, it would be full of us students, and totally shit food being served by a turkish chef who used to keep grabbing the breasts of the married, middle aged dinner ladies, much to their pleasure.

she was the only one who 'delivered 3 decent plates of food' apparently. her main course seemed was really boring though, salmon on stir-fried veg with potatoes...

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair, that was a bloody rubbish standard of cooking from pretty much all of them last night. Not a patch on last years yet, though we'll see how they fair in the silly challenges they set them for the rest of the week.

My favourite part last night was the black lady looking like she was having a nervous breakdown when they were tasting her food. "Think nerves have got to you tonight" = well deduced Gregg!

Archived