IGNORED

Horror Movies

beneboi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ultravisitor
'Dawn of the Dead' (remake)

i disliked this film immensely. the original is an absolute classic..

I didn't like it that much at first and then grew to love it.

Ving Rhames, Sarah Polley and Jake Weber make the film work for me....

I always want a serious zombie flick when I go to see one and rarely do they make them...

'World War Z' is already my favourite horror film, let alone zombie flick and they haven't made it yet.

The book is great. For some it might not be as literary as other 'great' novels but Max Brooks captured the perfect amount and diversified POVs, did his sociology homework, encompassing a big part of what makes humanity tick, and did this all well enough to make me love it.

I heard they might be making four of them to encompass the whole book. It isn't a long book but would take a good eight hours to put the whole thing on film.

world war z is one of my favourite books.

i enjoy most things to do with zombies.

Guest Ultravisitor
'Dawn of the Dead' (remake)

i disliked this film immensely. the original is an absolute classic..

I didn't like it that much at first and then grew to love it.

Ving Rhames, Sarah Polley and Jake Weber make the film work for me....

I always want a serious zombie flick when I go to see one and rarely do they make them...

'World War Z' is already my favourite horror film, let alone zombie flick and they haven't made it yet.

The book is great. For some it might not be as literary as other 'great' novels but Max Brooks captured the perfect amount and diversified POVs, did his sociology homework, encompassing a big part of what makes humanity tick, and did this all well enough to make me love it.

I heard they might be making four of them to encompass the whole book. It isn't a long book but would take a good eight hours to put the whole thing on film.

world war z is one of my favourite books.

i enjoy most things to do with zombies.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
I like the mothman prophecies. really underrated. it's more of an emotional/atmospheric/creepy movie than a thriller. there are definitely some moments that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

also session nine is sort of in a similar vein, although there is a little gore in that one.

jacob's ladder is a beautiful movie, but I almost don't see it as a horror movie.

wtf is going on?

I like the mothman prophecies. really underrated. it's more of an emotional/atmospheric/creepy movie than a thriller. there are definitely some moments that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

also session nine is sort of in a similar vein, although there is a little gore in that one.

jacob's ladder is a beautiful movie, but I almost don't see it as a horror movie.

wtf is going on?

havent read other posts but jacobs ladder (though not your typical horror) is a very scary film, probably because the psychological horror of madness / losing control of your mind/reality is thee scariest subject (to me).. another GREAT film is the 9th configuration, written and directed by William Peter Blatty (the Exorcist) and starring Stacy Keach (nice dreams (lol)) ... well worth checking out if you are a fan of jacob's ladder (military / drug testing / psychosis)

im watching something called "the boogeyman" right now and its not that bad (surprisingly)

Just wait until you get to the ridiculous CGI shit at the end, it is extremely awful.

shutter (original thai version)

This is class, still the bar that me and my flatmates use to measure scary films against.

Guest Pennywise
im watching something called "the boogeyman" right now and its not that bad (surprisingly)

Just wait until you get to the ridiculous CGI shit at the end, it is extremely awful.

terrible

terrible

terrible film

has anybody (who has already seen shutter (thai version)) seen the hollywood remake...?

i imagine it is shit like every other piece of american dross to come out of LA

the original is GENUINELY creepy, which is rare these days, and i can only imagine how weak the american adaptation must be (based on years of hollywood being completely devoid of new ideas and continuously remaking (terribly) interesting foreign films)

I haven't seen it but reading the synopses was enough to put me off, an american pretty boy and girl go to japan and start seeing ghosts, lol just like the original innit?

Have you seen the [REC] remake? People say that was the worse one yet, I want to see it just to see how they've fucked up the end scene.

Guest abusivegeorge

Jacobs Ladder is an excellent choice, and am suprised to come back and read it in this thread after having just watched it on a VHS which I believe I actually stole from you LUDD, now I am watching the Big Lebowski.

I haven't seen it but reading the synopses was enough to put me off, an american pretty boy and girl go to japan and start seeing ghosts, lol just like the original innit?

Have you seen the [REC] remake? People say that was the worse one yet, I want to see it just to see how they've fucked up the end scene.

REC (original) is another (rare) modern horror that is good and genuinely frightening / creepy (as opposed to "hostel" style gratuitous "slashemup" gore)

plus that spanish chick is hot

I think I've mentioned this before...I'm disappointed in the Masters of Horror Series.

Funny Troma horror I would say - Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead

Horror/Fantasy/... - Re-Cycle

"/"/' - Dorm

Shutter

Frontier(s)

Inside or A l’intérieur

Feast

My own guilty pleasure:

Brainscan

Dagon

Bad Channels

Night of the Creeps

Pet Sematary

Black Sheep

Chaos

Satan's Little Helper

Dont rent:

Pulse 3 - fucking terrible

Clown Murders

Satan's Cannibal Holocaust

Blood Trails - Hours of unneeded screams.

I enjoyed that one. I sampled it too. :)

you guys kind of fail, ive seen all of these, but it seems like im still missing out? i got the original shutter and pulse (kairo) but i wasnt terribly impressed with either, same with REC. im probably just not a horror fan

Guest thanksomuch

horror on a whole has little relevence to me any more. i tend to swerve towards the exstream gore movies like Suicide Dolls. which i guess is not rly horror so i was vey limited in what i could suggest to you.

Guest plangplang

something from Dario Argento maybe

this is a montage of several of his films.

i've only seen Suspiria, it was great - especially the camera.

if you like the band Fantomas, you'll love this shit.

Archived