IGNORED

Horror Movies

beneboi

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to watch a good horror movie tonight, would anyone like to recommend something?

I watched "Antibodies" recently, german psychological horror, was pretty damn good. Queued it up on instant netflix.

I watched one called Splinter not long ago. About some sort of... infection... and ehm... it spreads through...something... Fuckit, I'll let IMDB explain it:

Trapped in an isolated gas station by a voracious Splinter parasite that transforms its still living victims into deadly hosts, a young couple and an escaped convict must find a way to work together to survive this primal terror

It was actually okay. I mean, it's not mindblowing, but when has a horror movie ever been that? If I had been critic or reviewer for a newspaper I would have given it 0/5 stars, but since I just wanted to watch something stupid and people getting ripped to pieces I'll give it 3/5 stars. It met all my demands.

The Thing

^What he said.

Let's hope they do not fuck up EVERYTHING with the prequel they're working on :(

is carpenter involved?

The Thing

^What he said.

Let's hope they do not fuck up EVERYTHING with the prequel they're working on :(

is carpenter involved?

No, haven't heard anything about him being involved. A Dutch guy called Matthijs van Heijningen ("The Black Meteor," "The Ball") will be the director of the prequel...

ive seen everything mentioned here, but im downloading the thing and the descent anyway, id like to see something in the same style as let the right one in, if that exists.

been kinda gettin into gorefest type movies lately with little to no plot at all. Wouldn't call them scary. More depraved than anything. Nastiest one i've ever seen so far is called August Underground's Mordum

actually looking forward to the 'Hellraiser' remake, some French gore film-maker is adapting the novella, not the original film, which should prove to be more fucked up than the first.....

'The Exorcist' will always be my favourite horror film....

Can't think of nay others that come close to creeping me out as much, maybe Lynch's 'Lost Highway' (not horror, just nightmare).

'Ringu', 'The Grudge' (US version), 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (original), 'The Descent', 'Twilight Zone the Movie', 'The Signal', 'Night of the Living Dead' (original and remake), 'Dawn of the Dead' (remake).........all tied for second

'Meet The Feebles', for its nightmarish qualities as well......

'Slither', the 'Evil Dead' films, 'Cabin Fever', 'Dead Alive' are my favourite horror comedy films...

'They Live', 'Alien', and kind of but not as much as the first two, 'Event Horizon', are my fav horror sci/fi flicks....although 'They Live' isn't horror really, it freaked me out as a kid and now I just love it....

Guest Ultravisitor
The Thing

the first thing that popped into my head when i read the thread title.

i'm gonna have to look into this prequel. sounds dubious, and i want to make sure i don't watch anything that "could" ruin john carpenters version.

has anyone seen the original one? i saw a trailer, it looked pretty funny.

I fucking love John Carpenter's 'Prince Of Darkness' (posted that before, I'm sure). Always freaks the crap out of me, but I imagine anyone else watching it would just laugh their tits off or fall asleep.

'Dawn of the Dead' (remake)

i disliked this film immensely. the original is an absolute classic..

I didn't like it that much at first and then grew to love it.

Ving Rhames, Sarah Polley and Jake Weber make the film work for me....

I always want a serious zombie flick when I go to see one and rarely do they make them...

'World War Z' is already my favourite horror film, let alone zombie flick and they haven't made it yet.

The book is great. For some it might not be as literary as other 'great' novels but Max Brooks captured the perfect amount and diversified POVs, did his sociology homework, encompassing a big part of what makes humanity tick, and did this all well enough to make me love it.

I heard they might be making four of them to encompass the whole book. It isn't a long book but would take a good eight hours to put the whole thing on film.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I like the mothman prophecies. really underrated. it's more of an emotional/atmospheric/creepy movie than a thriller. there are definitely some moments that make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Archived