IGNORED

Merzbow: bird-related facts

Guest Fat Roland

Guest Fat Roland

In honour of Merzbow's 13 Japanese Birds project, here are some ABSOLUTELY TRUE FACTS about

(a) Merzbow

and

(b) birds.

Fact! Masami 'Merzbow' Akita shares his surname with a prefecture of Japan in which three swans died from bird flu.

Fact! Akita attended Tamagawa University, which has a Honeybee Science Research Center. Honey bees are not birds.

Fact! While in Merzbow's home country of Japan, TV-presenter and planet-killer Jeremy Clarkson tricked the country's speed cameras by shielding his face with a mask of ornithologist Bill Oddie. MERZBOW! FACT! BIRD! FACT!

FACT! The bird with the most feathers is the Tundra Swan. Max Tundra is an electronic musician, as is Merzbow.

The connections are making my mind spin. This shit is hotter than an encyclopedia on fire. I wrote this up on my blog, then thought of you, Watmm, because Watmm needs more facts. Full list of 13 bird-related Merzbow facts here.

Guest Fat Roland
The name Merzbow comes from Kurt Schwitters' Merz...

What's that got to do with birds? Huh? HUH? You ain't got no birds, you ain't got no fact, blood.

Guest spraaaa

mr oizo also makes music with electrical devices and his name means BIRD in french!!!

merzbow already has an album out called MERZBIRD and I found this out simply by knowing he had an album called merzbear and deciding to search for merzbird!!!

lol at merzbow making music inspired by birdsong. I mean I like his stuff but it's so absurd to read the concept and then hear him doing what he does.

Guest Fat Roland

I am overwhelmed with Merzbird factage, apart from...

Somewhere sometime during Merzbow's life, Merzbow must have seen at least one bird

...which is plainly ridiculous.

• 11 years later...

Archived