IGNORED

Christian Bale - Oreily style meltdown

awepittance

what do you mean "try"?

try to not forget or drop the ball on my idea which i probably will and not actually deliver on

maybe someone can help, i was thinking Melodyne would probably be the best one to do with the most realistic pitch shift without changing the timing or length any other suggestions?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah but dude, a lockdown is not the dp's responsibility, it is up to production to keep the set clear. esp. if he'd done it before they should have been keeping an eye out

wrong. a DP is above the line and outranks ANY production A.D., including a 1st, and sure as hell should know better. sets are not "locked down"; it's not as if there is crime scene tape around it and they tackle anyone who enters. many different departments are working inside a set and it is an unwritten rule amongst crew members that between action and cut you DO NOT distract the actors with unnecessary noise or movement. only the director can interfere. if a DP wants to adjust their cameras or lights it should only be done between takes.

The DP was absolutely wrong to do what he did. The director was wrong not to get involved and calm things down quietly (Bale even gave him the opportunity - "Mc G, you wanna say anything about this?"). and while Bale was justified in getting upset he should NOT have cut down the DP for 4 minutes in front of his crew. it should have been addressed privately.

edit: I'll guarantee you there is some tension between Bale and the sound crew now :P while technically they did nothing wrong by recording it (they will roll on audio until "cut" is called) that track should have been dumped immediately afterwards. the producers must have gotten to the sound dept very quickly (and obtained that track for insurance purposes).

actors and DP's can avoid each other on a set; actors and the sound dept cannot. teehee.

Guest narkeworld
"Ruining a shot" probably means a hundred grand or so on a movie like Terminator. That really wasn't that bad of a rant, and he only went on for a couple of minutes or so.

Agree. If someone was getting in the way of my job/work I'd be mad as well. Maybe the rant was kind corny but work is work.

Guest abusivegeorge
g.i. raffe is the really really tall one

he must really hate cristian bale

watmm's most boring member is 6'7 also.

Archived