IGNORED

Christian Bale - Oreily style meltdown

awepittance

An associate producer for the forthcoming Terminator Salvation movie has defended Christian Bale's alleged on-set rant, insisting the actor was a "consummate professional" during filming. A man said to be actor Bale can be heard angrily screaming and using profanity at the movie's director of photography, Shane Hurlbut, for distracting him during shooting by walking into his field of vision.

In the four-minute tirade, Bale reportedly shouts: "I'm trying to do a f**king scene here and I'm going, 'Why the f**k is Shane walking in there? What's he doing there?' Do you understand my mind is not in the scene if you're doing that?"

The man later promises to "kick his f**king ass" before threatening to quit the film unless Hurlbut was fired.

But Bruce Franklin, an assistant director and associate producer on the fourth Terminator film, insists the star was only upset for a short period of time before his "moment" passed.

Franklin tells E! Online, "If you are working in a very intense scene and someone takes you out of your groove... It was the most emotional scene in the movie. And for him to get stopped in the middle of it - he is very intensely involved in his character. He didn't walk around like that all day long. It was just a moment and it passed."

And Franklin is adamant the rant has only been released to slander Bale, who he worked with on the 2000 movie Shaft: "This was my second movie with Christian, and it has always been a good experience with him. He is so dedicated to the craft. I think someone is begging to make some noise (controversy) about this, but I don't think it's fair. The art of acting is not paint by numbers, it's an art form."

The audio clip, allegedly recorded in July 2008, was obtained by TMZ.com, which claims the film's executives sent the tape to their insurance company in case Bale didn't finish filming the movie.

The 35-year-old actor was arrested in July in London - just days after the recording was said to be taken - over accusations he attacked his mother and sister at the city's Dorchester Hotel before the British premiere of The Dark Knight.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hes angry at himself for losing all artistic integrity

first the batman films now terminator? that cant be very artistically fulfilling. plus hes one of the most famous people in the world now. i wonder if the pressure is getting to him..

hes angry at himself for losing all artistic integrity

first the batman films now terminator? that cant be very artistically fulfilling.

yeah i kind of got the feeling that even during that emotiomal outburst probably in the back of his mind he was thinking 'jesus christ this is a shat out terminator film made by the guy who did charlies angels what the fuck am i doing here'

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I wonder what it would have been like to have the internet when Marlon Brando was still making films.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I really hated reading the description of DA REMIX! commending this "real dj" for making such a lazy production in less than 12 hours. he milks the lines way too long most of the time to really shitty boring unambitious techno... ehhhh just could have been a lot better

I'd just like to point out that lots of DP's are known for being social retards who are unaware (or don't care) about anything around them except for their lights and shots, and actors going off on DP's for disrespectful behavior happens somewhere EVERY DAY. I've seen it countless times.

Guest abusivegeorge
I'd just like to point out that lots of DP's are known for being social retards who are unaware (or don't care) about anything around them except for their lights and shots, and actors going off on DP's for disrespectful behavior happens somewhere EVERY DAY. I've seen it countless times.

This is true *tastes your oil*

yeah but dude, a lockdown is not the dp's responsibility, it is up to production to keep the set clear. esp. if he'd done it before they should have been keeping an eye out

yeah but dude, a lockdown is not the dp's responsibility, it is up to production to keep the set clear. esp. if he'd done it before they should have been keeping an eye out

is anybody else getting LOLS out of the film students here using movie set jargon as if they've actually been in some hollywood movie set

is anybody else getting LOLS out of the film students here using movie set jargon as if they've actually been in some hollywood movie set

YEWAH OMG LOL LOLOLOLDFOAS

Guest abusivegeorge

dp stands for director of photography or have you not used abbreviations before?

Production is a process of film making, you know like when you make a cake, and then end item is a product, the process of making the cake is a "production".

And I have never heard the terminology lockdown before.

I am not a film sudent and I don't think anyone is pretending they've been in hollywood film set.

You my friend are a little thick.

Read the rules

:beer:

im going to try and pitch shift upwards his rant, aside from the swearing & octave... the caedence and tone of him screaming 'NO!!!!' sounds exactly like it would coming out of a 6 year old childs mouth

Archived