IGNORED

Futurama - Into The Wild Green Yonder

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

just finished watching this and i'm really happy with it. i wont really say all that much about the film just now, no point spoiling anything for fans/those interested in watching.

i think doing 4 films at once might've been a bit of a mistake.

after being somewhat disapointed with the first three films, i'm happy to say the quality of the fourth film is more along the lines of the tv series. i thought the other films were alright/good, but they had this aweful all over the place pacing and they really weren't as funny as some of the tv episodes. this lead me to hoping the fourth film would wrap things up nicely as i couldnt be bothered watching the series dragged out any further if it was only gonna be crappy and disapointing.

HOWEVER! into the wild green yonder was actually good. and didn't wrap things up nicely either. my faith in the series has been restored :) and i hope theyre able to pick up some more episodes/movie/s sometime real soon :)

Guest bitroast

the number 9 dude's in random episodes here and there, but the movie doesn't really explain why. it pretty much just introduces him as a new character. i dunno. theres been some hype about him amongst the fans, and while it was cool that he was explained and all it just didnt really seem to make sense as to why he's always just pissing about in crowds. i was never too interested in the number 9 guy but i reckon it could be a letdown to peeps like funktion curious as to who he is.

also, after talking to my bro i kind of realised that the ending of the movie could wrap things up nicely if they never continued the series. wrap things up nicely in a kind of 'they're still out there having adventures' kind of way. though groening,dxc and billy west have talked about continuing it.

Guest Funktion

i thought they were gonna do a huge backstory to the guy what with him being in the first episode, like they did with nibbler and the cryo tube, oh well.. here's to reusing character models :beer:

Just watched it, was alright i suppose. I think i would have preferred benders big score as the ending seeing as future fry hooked up with Lela and everything. and it made more scene with the first episode nice little loop and all that. ah well

Guest bitroast

was talking to some friends about this last night. one couldnt finish the movie and preferred the others, another could finish the movie but again said it was the worst of the four :S :S :S

Guest Space Coyote

Definately the best out of the four movies but that said I didn't really like the previous 3 at all. The first one is the second best but got a bit too complicated with the time travelling for my attention span. I can't help but think some of the repeating of plot points and references to plot developments being complicated was a direct response to criticisms of the first movie.

Although its not glaringly suggestive, I agree the ending makes it look like the next futurama release will be a return to the tv series. To complicate things I think they've been showing the movies on tv as split up episodes leading people to think the show has returned and they just do 3/4 parters all the time now

Archived