IGNORED

Thoughts and visualizations

Dragon

bnc Castl - All the robots on a factory floor going insane.

Dial. - A nervous man plucking up the courage to dial a phone to his girlfriend before severely stuttering at the start of Cap.IV

Lentic Catachresis - Many objects and landscapes morphing around and transforming into other things before decomposing into a glitchy mess.

Guest moo duck

the entire catalogue of ROBOTS (crying and weeping robots) & ALIens (all types of alien), also afTerdeath experiences, ACId man yo mind-stretching BIG motherfuckin, NO! unbelievably GIGANtic motherfuckin shits

I've always found Incunabula to be very cyber-punkish in pretty much all aspects with Amber being a soundtrack to a cyber-punks life/movie and Tri Repetae being something that someone in a cyber-punk universe would listen to.

I always get fantastic imagery from AE music.

Foil was the first to do this to me, I pictured some sprawling wasteland/desert at night, and slowly it becomes apparent that there is some sort of dune buggy with lights that is travelling. It approaches slowly. It kind of reminds me of that scene in starcraft where they are driving in the badlands and hit the zergling with the jeep.

Incunabula was never particularly imagery for me.

Confield has alot of imagery, I always picture there being some sort of storyline to AE's music where some group of people are adventuring through some sort of alternate dimension, and the further along in the story they are, the more chaotic/glitchy/abstract the world becomes.

haha I even associated track/album names to the story. For confield, I pictured the confield as some field full of dissonance and abstractness, and if there was one part in the album confield where they actually cross said 'con field' it would be parhelic triangle.

I find it much more interesting with the release of quaristice and subsequent versions. Particularly the consistent use of themes. The fat square synth that they use predominantly through the album set the mood perfectly (Good examples of this is perlence suns, or in the background of subrange 3) The percussion is fairly consistent too, with constant reuse of the wooden 'tock' noise that some watmm user accurately described as the most effective percussion sample ever.

With quaristice, AE has succeeded in weaving together a world that has a very distinct flavour, and although I hated quadrange at first, in retrospect it is the intense development of the backstory so-to-speak that quadrange accomplishes that really ties the whole package together.

Just my two cents, but there is definately something supremely satisfying about being able to listen to something as minimalist as subrange 3 and because of its ties to the rest of the album, you arent just listening to a song as with AE's other albums which are essentially isolated 'best of's' from their archive of works.

• 3 weeks later...

Foil - Large, bright underwater explosions

Eutow - A nightmare where you're constantly falling and stretching

Pule - Some kind of strangely beautiful swamp land

I had listened to confield before, but never really got into it. One night I had a dream where I was living in the world that is "confield" I think it was either vi scoise poni or cfern but I was climbing up a gray beachside rock which was being created in front of me in relation to the music. It was some kind of spritual journey I was on at the time. This made the record much more mystical for me.

Whenever I watch the plyPhon video I feel like the percussion is like the ebb and flow of life, while the waves of synth are dangers, obstacles, and other such negative connotations. Despite the constant harassment from the synth waves, the life of the percussion continues on. Even at the end of the video when it seems the synth has dominated, the stale beats of life make themselves known (even if it is just for a second or two) before their untimely end

Guest Chogg

True story: I sat on a rock right down by the water and watched some huge-ass jellyfish floating by while listening to Stud once.

I can visually interpret every envelope fluctuation in the granular synthesis of Dropp, its fucking amazing.

I find often that in my mind, when I listen to later AE, the textural changes in the sounds determine shape and quality, size, and movement, once again, its fucking amazing.

Guest hahathhat

after a particularly intense DXM + music experience a couple days ago, i'm strongly considering autechre for the next DXM round.

thoughts??

Piezo is a computer crying

TOTALLY! I posted that on here once before and got shot down

after a particularly intense DXM + music experience a couple days ago, i'm strongly considering autechre for the next DXM round.

thoughts??

Duuuude you need to try listening to autechre while on a huge dose of Ketamine. THAAT is the shit.

Archived