IGNORED

The SAD and dick beard thread

Fred McGriff

it's been a few weeks since i've made a thread so i'm kinda rusty and nervous about it; definitely dont want to make a shitty one and i dont want to resort to the crutches of controversy like abortion and religion for a guanteed five pager. so i was thinking maybe we could think it over a bit and then i'll edit the title of the topic accordingly so that it's a pretty decent thread.

possible subject matter:

seasonal affected disorder (SAD)

why is it 70 degrees in Denver right now and why do I have my sliding balcony door wide open?

working from home and stoking the fires of antisocial behavior

burial

daydreaming about punching bill maher in his smug fucking face

other suggestions are more than welcome

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David R James

A thread that is distantly related to the many nonsense/crap threads that have been kicking around of late, but this has so much more substance. Looking forward to its development.

Edit: Perhaps the Conversation association thread?

I had a dream a couple nights ago that Yegg and Essines and I were sitting in a break room at some kind of office. Yegg kept talking to me about something and Essines just sat there, staring, and eventually I made a joke about something and Essines just kept staring. Yegg got up and then went "Oh my jesus" and the perspective of the dream switched to her point of view, looking at Essines, as he turned toward her and slowly the hair of his beard parted and there was a giant penis. I woke up whispering "essines has a dick in his beard". It was haunting.

yeah i'm thinking about SAD too. i'm affected by it pretty badly. it's really funky and subtle and then a day like today happens where it's perfect weather in the middle of february and i get manic, i turn the tv off, listen to good tunes, do a few backflips, make a thread on watmm, the world is my oyster.

but then again there's a dick in essines's beard

Guest abusivegeorge
"Essines Beard Dick" would be a good thread title.

I don't think David R James would approve, sounds a abit too nonsense/crap.

SAD is definetly a good one to talk about, its even been suggested to me that the reason I went on a life-threatening bender last week knowing full well my condition is that I might be sad because of the time of year, what they haven't told me is why.

Guest David R James

There are good and bad nonsense/crap threads theyve just been really bad the last few weeks thats all.

SAD is definetly a good one to talk about, its even been suggested to me that the reason I went on a life-threatening bender last week knowing full well my condition is that I might be sad because of the time of year, what they haven't told me is why.

the lack of sunlight

Guest abusivegeorge

There are good and bad nonsense/crap threads theyve just been really bad the last few weeks thats all.

Yea thats true, I am guilty of them also so I can't talk.

Guest abusivegeorge

the lack of sunlight

But I've never really been bothered about whether its been sunny or not, I don't know, I'm really confused.

Guest David R James

I dont know if i have SAD but i know that a sunny day makes a big difference to my mood, but i will never i accept that i have SAD because then i would use it as an excuse.

Guest abusivegeorge
I dont know if i have SAD but i know that a sunny day makes a big difference to my mood, but i will never i accept that i have SAD because then i would use it as an excuse.

Its been "suggested" that it actually runs in familys, so therefore an hereditary/ genetic form of depression I guess.

Sorry I'm taking over Freds thread.

Guest David R James
my SAD doesnt have to do with amount of sunlight because it's always sunny here no matter what, i dont know wtf it is, maybe temperature. or just global positioning, fuck if i know.

Yeah i always thought it was to do with the amount of day light that was recieved. Thats how it works in the uk anyway, the amount of day light we get in the summer is considerably more than the winter. Maybe it is about the temperature and other factors.

i'm in such a mood and so rejuvenated that i'm putting david bowie's "outside" in for the first time in 12 or 13 years, and it is tripping me the fuck out.

used to listen to this album on acid rather frequently and then i lost it and never bothered to replace it and today i just DL'd it and i just put it in a few minutes ago

Guest abusivegeorge

It can just be the time of year, literally, don't ask me how or why but they say it can just be the month, like a period I guess.

Archived