IGNORED

just finished building my new machine

Guest EDGEY

Antec nine hundred clear gaming case

XFX nForce 750i/9300 775 mATX Motherboard

Intel Core2 Quad 2.66 Ghz

4 Gigs OCZ heat-shielded 800Mhz RAM (soon to be 8)

Western Digital 500 Gigs SATA HD w/ 32mb onboard

24x SATA multi optic writer

OCZ 700 watt blue LED fan cooled power supply

6 120 mm blue LED variable speed cooling fans

1 200 mm exhaust fan

Guest hahathhat

i used to be real into case modding, RICED OUT COMPUTATION, but recently i've been more going for the SCRAPHEAP SUPERCOMPUTER vibe

3194357775_08e443b2b5_o.jpg

i used to be real into case modding, RICED OUT COMPUTATION, but recently i've been more going for the SCRAPHEAP SUPERCOMPUTER vibe

Thats how I was with my last machine, I was having heat problem, so I just ripped off the case shell, and stuck a regular house fan in the side... I also broke the power switch, so to boot it up i had to rub the 2 power wires together like I was hot-wiring a car on the dukes of hazard.

computers suck cause they are outdated rather fast. that's why it's retarded to buy top of the line,,, you'll be top of the line for a year or less, good job

So what? Its fucking nice to have new shit that works well, especially if that is what you are into. To call him retarded for putting together a nice machine with new parts instead of making a slightly worse computer for less that is going to be obsolete even sooner is rediculous. I mean, his other option is to wait, but why fucking wait for it to be cheap, life is short, and by that time there is newer stuff. Enjoy shit while it is new if that is your pleasure. I buy expensive coffee, and bread, and beer and shit like that and some people may think I'm retarded for this as well but its just what I do. But, yeah, case modding is pretty hilarious.

Guest hahathhat
computers suck cause they are outdated rather fast. that's why it's retarded to buy top of the line,,, you'll be top of the line for a year or less, good job

i used to build watercooled machines

its just so fucking futile nowadays

fuck graphics cards

fuck ram

fuck it all

fuck

i enjoy building things in general. building computers is not something i spend a lot of time on any more, but i'll never just go buy a dell or some shit.

Guest Tony Danza
no video card?

looks nice otherwise.

I agree.

There's just something about a blue computer glow that's SO AWESOME at night after a few drinks. It's like WATMMing in the future or something.

I miss the blue glow, but I do enjoy the rainbow. It's a nice change.

Guest 277: 930-933
I believe rainbows make a computer go even faster.

Rainbow Rig 9000

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2099...519&l=66cbc

That would have been so much cooler if he had a closed watersystem with lights angled in the right way to create an actual continous rainbow inside the case.

This is just a bit meh.

Nice touch on the unicorn though.

Good job, edgey.

nothing wrong with buying the top and the latest as long as you don't do it every six months. i still have p4 2.8 with 2g of RAM and AGP graphics. quite top notch at the time when i bought it, and i still don't need anything faster.

i had been slowly upgrading my machine over the past few years and now my specs are about the same as yours. thats a nice thing about building your own machine, you can upgrade over time without having to spend it all at once, and get exactly what you want. when it came time to upgrade the case, i went for a much smaller case because i was tired of lugging around my huge ass case.

though it sucks now because if i want to upgrade in the future i have to take things out in a particular order because of the lack of space!

Guest assegai

His setup isn't nearly top of the line. Infact it's mid-to-low grade buying new.

There's still a bunch of faster quads out there then you move onto the i7's. You can even build a solid i7 rig for 900$.

His setup isn't nearly top of the line. Infact it's mid-to-low grade buying new.

There's still a bunch of faster quads out there then you move onto the i7's. You can even build a solid i7 rig for 900$.

Yeh, the "new hotness" is the 'extreme i7', but that processor goes for roughly $1000, and I can't see myself being that much of an early adopter. It's a fair mid-grade machine, I don't think I'd notice the difference between a Quad 2.66 and a Quad 3.00, 1366 FSB is nice too, but it all gets bottlenecked at the RAM anyway... I've given up on gaming on my PC, and stick mostly to my consoles, so just using the onboard graphics adapter (but it's still a GeForce 9300, so it's no slouch).

My old machine (POS proprietary Dell) was dying slowly, and everything was a chore on it, so I was due for something new, and figured it was a good time to get something and build it myself, so I could just upgrade it when I need to. It's not "zomg-leet-top-of-the-line", but it is a solid machine that so far runs flawlessly. The CPU sits at a nice 72 degrees, and the box temperature sits at 78 (and I have the fans on low), which is nice considering my few machines all died from heat.

I can now have fun with 128th note snare rolls in my sequencer without glitches. :angry:

Blue LEDs make your computer go really, really fast!

Archived