IGNORED

pro radii made from dartboard sounds

Guest adorno1982

Guest adorno1982

hello.

on pro radii -

just wondering if it was known that the nice thud sounds are from a dartboard (close miked), and that the crowd noises are from the audience at a match ?

lol yeah they dont actually make any of the music, they just capture the noises that happen around them that incedentally form IDM music.

For some reason in SB's house when you throw things down the stairs it makes IDM, but not in my house

Guest adorno1982

lol and lol .. so it's obviously not well known then.

listen to it! (if you like) i wasn't joking init :shade:

hello.

on pro radii -

just wondering if it was known that the nice thud sounds are from a dartboard (close miked), and that the crowd noises are from the audience at a match ?

haha i think mira/Chantal was just joking when she told you that man :beer:

Guest spraaaa
More like they're throwing a staircase down a flight of suitcases.

WOAH

this thread reminds me of this scene in neuromancer where the main character is staring at a table on some drug and visualizing every event that ever put a scratch or dent on the table...

just noticed Obel said a flight of suitcases, not staircases, that doesn't do quite as much for me. still woah.

Guest hahathhat

what if you threw an autechre track down a flight of stairs, then threw the resulting set of noises down a flight of stairs again?

Guest Caustic

what if you threw an autechre track down a flight of stairs, then threw the resulting set of noises down a flight of stairs again?

confield

Guest hahathhat

confield

what if you threw confield down a flight of stairs?

would it still be confield? well...

it would still be confield, i guess. for each time down the stairs, the limit approaches confield as we go to infinity; this is the calculus of autechre

Guest spraaaa

a staircase can't exist without a gravitational field providing up and down directions, so for each toss an additional gravitational source is created. confield represents the set of configurations in which these gravitational fields remain in stable but chaotic orbital configurations, rather than colliding to form a black hole

which could then be thrown down a staircase

confield

what if you threw confield down a flight of stairs?

would it still be confield? well...

it would still be confield, i guess. for each time down the stairs, the limit approaches confield as we go to infinity; this is the calculus of autechre

This is incredibly interesting, and as far as my understanding of math is concerned it would imply that since the limit is only approachable at increasingly smaller divisions, and never actually reachable, that there are infinitely smaller but higher divisions approaching the limit of confield

They did not need to stop where they did, they could have kept going forever

Guest Thaddeusz

*creates recursive max/msp patch using own penis as initial value*

*does not need to stop, goes on forever*

• 2 months later...

I think I may have cracked this one...

It's rugby.

The thudding sound is when the ball gets kicked in a conversion. That's also how the audience is so quiet then suddenly there's an uproar of cheering when the ball goes through the posts. "Breakdown" is also a recognised rugby term. :wink:

Hmmm, interesting. I always thought one of the percussion sounds in LCC sounded like a rubber kickball being booted so maybe this is a secret theme throughout the album.

Archived